how to install hard drive in dm8000

r_akas

Registered
Hi :)
yesterday i bought dm8000 and really looking forward for guidness , how to install hard drive internal

thx and best regs:)

Montyboy

Registered
Hi :)
yesterday i bought dm8000 and really looking forward for guidness , how to install hard drive internal

thx and best regs:)

Its very easy to install an internal hard drive.
Everything is explained with pictures in the book that came with your DM8000.
If you have problems many members will help you here.
Montyboy:thum:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You user manual covers the installation and initializing a HDD.

Once you have installed the HDD press menu setup and you should see a hard drive section initialize the drive there. If not initilize the drive from the device manager of your image.

Ferret

r_akas

Registered
Thx for info :) i already install it
MODEL : ATA (WDC10EVVS-63M) Capacity :1000.204 GB
BUS: Internal
but now im having problem
unable to initialize harddisk. error : mount failed

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thx for info :) i already install it
MODEL : ATA (WDC10EVVS-63M) Capacity :1000.204 GB
BUS: Internal
but now im having problem
unable to initialize harddisk. error : mount failed

What image are you using?

Was this HDD previously used in a PC ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
m8 im using dream elite image ... i just bought it from shop yesterday...;)

Dream Elite image always seems to struggle to initialize hard drives, loads of reports of this. Easiest way would be to try another image maybe icvs or similar then when drive is initialized you can put your dream elite image back and it will be recognized.

Another way to initialize it would be with telent and the commenad below

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1
mount /media/hdd
mkdir /media/hdd/movie

Montyboy

Registered
m8 im using dream elite image ... i just bought it from shop yesterday...;)

If you are using dream elite img go to device manager and you should see your hard drive, in the hard drive menu mount your hard drive as hdd and then you can initialize it.
Montyboy

r_akas

Registered
Dream Elite image always seems to struggle to initialize hard drives, loads of reports of this. Easiest way would be to try another image maybe icvs or similar then when drive is initialized you can put your dream elite image back and it will be recognized.

Another way to initialize it would be with telent and the commenad below

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1
mount /media/hdd
mkdir /media/hdd/movie

hi :) i use iCVS IMAGE ... but after that when i reinstall dream elite image ! dreambox starts crashes ...

Montyboy

Registered
orginal 100 %...

What ICVS image have you installed?
Just for information as from today softcams are no longer supported with gemini images, ccamd mgcamd and all other softcams and configs.
I think you should try a different image as Ferret mentioned and let us know how you get on.
Don't worry all will be fine..............Montyboy

r_akas

Registered
What ICVS image have you installed?
Just for information as from today softcams are no longer supported with gemini images, ccamd mgcamd and all other softcams and configs.
I think you should try a different image as Ferret mentioned and let us know how you get on.
Don't worry all will be fine..............Montyboy

hi :) iCVS-image-dm8000-20101223200625.nfi
last night im getting only only 1 cam in blue panel :(
really confused... plz let me know which image is best
regs

Montyboy

Registered
hi :) iCVS-image-dm8000-20101223200625.nfi
last night im getting only only 1 cam in blue panel :(
really confused... plz let me know which image is best
regs

Like I said there is no more support for soft-cams with gemini images.
If you know how to install them manually then no problem, if not just look in the image section and install a new image maybe Newnigma!!!!!!!!! The choice is yours: Montyboy

kare77

Registered
Is there any way to install external hard drive? I have the ext. drive with SATA and USB connection. As DM does not have SATA connection at all it is excluded. I tried via USB. DM recognises the media but no options to operate with it. Do I have to format the drive before? How? On PC?
And last, if to install the HDD into DM (internal) do I have install the blower (ventilator) also?
(Dream 8000HD)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have a internal hdd in my 8000 with no fan running although it worked like that for a long time its advisable to have a fan installed.

You have to initialize the HDD from device manager on the 8000 have you done this?

What image are you running ?

Ferret

kare77

Registered
Thanks Ferret! The image Gemini 5.1 is running. I asked the qustion about HDD and fan because I am afraid that HDD + fan together make noise. From my experienced till now I need the HDD very seldom (as I have another special HD mediaplayer). Would be super if the HDD works well without fan (as you told!) and I have a posssibility to switch off (and on) the HDD temporarily at all (from the Menu). Is that practicable? How?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No way turn turn the hard drive off as such but you can set it so it spins down after a time value set by yourself.

Not sure how to do that on Gemini not a image i use.

kare77

Registered
I found a very simple solutin for external HDD: sata cable from the board sata socket to the external drive sata socket. It works! But every time you want to turn on the HDD you have to restart the STB. A bit tedious and stupid, of course.

Davemath

Registered
I want to install (inside the HD8000) a 2.5 inch HD instead of a 3.5 (with an adaptor). Will the DM8000 complain or there shouldn´t be any problem?