Your opinion on DM8000

niks2001

Registered
I don't have a DM8000 but I wish I had one. I think it is too expensive.

If you have a DM8000 do you think it is worth the 1000 euros? Are you satisfied with your purchase? Do you think it is stable enough? Does it do what you expected?

LilleMama

Registered
I agree dm8000 is to expencive , especial when you compair it with ip9000hd .

dm8000 only have dvi converted to HD , where ip9000hd have real HD quality .

dm8000 support CCcam , where ip9000hd can only act as client ( you can have a old dm acting as server ) and to solve our CS internal .

bpl

Registered
DVI and HDMI is just a connector, not a picture quality thing! Same signal is coming out of the connector...

DM8000 is worth the money it cost because it has a better video processor, 2 DVB-S2 tuners and 2 free extra slots for DVB-S/T/C tuners, 2 SATA connectors, big OLED display, 1080p/24 compatible, much much much much better software and the last thing it breath quality straight through the whole machine!:thum:

doki_2

Registered
hi,
the second up read this:
"dm8000 only have dvi converted to HD , where ip9000hd have real HD quality "
please tell what mean dvi converted to HD?
thanks
doki_2

animal666

Registered
that not right, DVI is HD its just a different cable and doesnt carry the sound, there are other differences but nothing that the user needs to care about.
ive got an IPbox9000HD and an DM800HD and the picture on both is excellent, maybe sligtly better on the "DVI" only dreambox.
But there is nothin in it really, and im watching on a supersize 1080p TV.

I do think the DM8000 is way too expensive though, £900!! for a "Dodgy Box" you'd have to hack every channel going for a long time to Break even with the cost, compared to a Real subsciption with a Straight box.... which im my opinion are always Trouble free and do what they say they will, not what they could do, Maybe?? with a few updates?

Not that im knockin any of the Box's...... i love the hassle i get with all mine....

Last edited:

bpl

Registered
A clarify, DVI from DM800/8000 DO carry sound. It is just the connector that is the difference between HDMI/DVI.

Well the price is very high, but in which receiver is it possible to have 2 DVB-S2 tuners and 2 optional S2/T/C tuners? DVD recorder and 2 TB HDD? superior Enigma2 software/images? 1080p compatible video processor?

Answer: DM8000 :rolleyes:

Hack every channel? You need a valid subscription for every channel you want to watch!

Last edited:

bingobill

Registered
I agree with every other positive comment in this thread.

Every Dreambox ever made cost too much money IMO, but you know that the support is always gonna be there, and development by DMM and 3rd party for the 8k is moving very fast.

So, is the hardware itself worth the money ? answer has to be of course not but you do not buy the 8000 with your head, you buy it with the heart :)

I'm very happy with mine, to me other boxes offer only promises nothing more !

P.S. can't believe the DVI v HDMI is still being argued :rolleyes:

Replay

Registered
ive got an IPbox9000HD and an DM800HD and the picture on both is excellent, maybe sligtly better on the "DVI" only dreambox.
But there is nothin in it really, and im watching on a supersize 1080p TV.

I have a DM 7025 and wanted to get a DM 8000. couldn't wait for it too long so I bought the Cuberevo/Ipbox9000HD back in October 2008.
The HD picture on the cuberevo is stunning and very crisp.the SD picture also looks way better than the component picture of the dm7025. I hated the software on the cuberevo. NO way to compare it the Dreambox. so I would watch the 7025 and when I watch the cuberevo I notice the leap in picture quality even with the SD stations. vibrant colors and sharper images.:)

Got my DM8000 two days ago:D.
The packaging itself is awsome. :thum: DM treat you like a VIP. I set up the box and fired it up.. but there is not that "ahhh" when I see the picture coming from the revo!:( the colors are less vibrant and not as much crisp HD picture! now before you flame on.. I have to say this.. I sold my cuberevo just a day before I got my DM8000 so I couldn't do a head on comparison between the two. so I could be wrong. please tell me that I am wrong because the DM8000 is a powerhouse. It is a jewel and no issues at all. It runs cool even with a 500 gb HDD running. Switching between channels is way faster than the revo. The software for the box was released before the box itself and like others said here it is unparalleled. If you are looking for a box that you can enjoy your hobby then this is it.
and yes it is worth the money.

grizzlyt

Registered
The DM 8000 HD is not 1080p/24 compatible. That is pure fiction it's a 1080 interleaved but nevertheless it's a pure money machine for DMM.
This firm is a disgrace for their tactics towards clones (killing them without legal mandate) and their politics in the past. If you buy DMM, you buy pure evil.
If you pay their prices you are foolish enough to pay for anything.

Sharkadder

Registered
no box is 1080p compatible, they all do 1080i, their is a difference between the 2.

I don't have one but when a guy is trying to "prove" that in the long run an ip box will be better in the long run needs to have a word with himself me thinks.

People don't just buy a dreambox because it will give them HD for a few hundred notes, they buy it because it's our hobby. Hence why so many support it, plus have you seen the processing power of the 8000 compared to your ip box...you are getting your moneys worth in the long run.

I don't have one but i have been told they are very reliable, unlike where some of the 800s had a few probs, i've not heard a bad word about the 8000......apart from people who have a rival box.

All in all the 8000 is a box for the long run, not for just here and now. People had a 500s for about 5years before upgrading, plus they'll be no need to waste electricity on running 2 boxes at once for client and server when using CCcam like some guy suggested earlier.

Last edited:

ararat

I think about buying a dm8000.

I´m fed up with my ipbox9000hd although the picture is excellent (it was with cable-tuners and now is with replaced new sat-tuners), but ... the hd-video is unstable.

There are regular video-/ sound-dropouts (known issue of abcom and enigma firmware for ipbox) when watching scrambled hdtv (SKY Germany) broadcasts.
(Not with unscrambled hdtv - anixe hd, astra hd+, arte hd, etc.. My dish provides 80% Signal and 100% quality).

I use Alphacrypt CAM with original S02 smartcard.

Can I expect untroubled watching of SKY with a dm8000 ?

EW79

Registered
Dream Multimedia DreamBox DM8000 1TB + DVD-RW

Choose a Quantity
Delivery to you 10th June
Ex VAT £ 1,042.61

INSANE PRICE.

ararat

Sorry that´s not the answer to my question "Can i watch scrambled hdtv trouble free with dm8000"?
I´m not in a hurry. This time I want to make sure, that the new satbox does what I want in the quality I want. Don´t want to buy another machine, which purchase I may regret.

£ 1,042.61 = about 1100 € to 1200 €

I can get it for 1158 € in my country (but without the dvd-rw - I can do without it).

In case I needed service for the box, I wouldn´t want to send it to GB.

Greetings from ararat

Last edited:

bpl

Registered
DM8000 works very well. I have 2 DVB-S2 tuners and one DVB-T tuner. HD channels from satellite and terrestrial is no problem. I don't know about your cable operator but I don't think you will have any problems...

An image tip, Nabilosat Black Hole 0.11 is outstanding!

I have a dreambox 8000 2x s2/cable

I also have a ipbox9000/cuberevo 2x s2

The dbox has loads of problems with some newer hd formats....

This is a known software/ hardware? problem with mp4 video decoding.
The ipbox also has decoder with full mp4 support

If we had better software support the ipbox9000 would be a much better box for the price...

running some tests on both boxes we do find the ipbox has best quality on sky hd using official card with Diablo Cam
However the dbox Comes thirst when it comes to software support apart from the HD mp4 decoder problems the on the 8000,
the best box we have tested for hd is the cuberevo...
the dreambox also had some problems reading our test cards for some reason.
Don't get us wrong but the dbox is the most stable and works great on normal hd streams its only the newer streams that it has problems with that are mp4 encoded normal streams are mp2 encoded.....

I will soon be getting my hands on a AZBOX..for a review:banana:

Haven't seen the AZBox yet but for whats in the box
its looking like a good box. we cant wait to get out hands on it.

Last edited:

ararat

I have a dreambox 8000 2x s2/cable ...

running some tests on both boxes we do find the ipbox has best quality on sky hd using official card with Diablo Cam ...

the best box we have tested for hd is the cuberevo ...
I will soon be getting my hands on a AZBOX..for a review:banana:

So I may get a better result with my ipbox9000hd if i replaced my alphacrypt by a diablo - should perhaps give it a try.
But I don´t know whether I could just buy diablo, insert it into CI slot and equip it with original smartcard or if I would have to prepare the cam somehow (only know that cams like diablo/t-rex can be programmed with cas3+ programmer, but wouldn´t know, what to do).

Review of AZbox would be interesting as well:).

What about scrambled hdtv performance of ReelBox (no risc cpu - friend told me, dropouts of other boxes may be caused by risc)?

Greetings,
ararat

balijoka

Registered
I replaced my Cuberevo with a DM8k. No regrets what so ever. The price is high, but so is the quality feeling.

Balijoka

balijoka

Registered
Got my DM8000 two days ago:D.
The packaging itself is awsome. :thum: DM treat you like a VIP. I set up the box and fired it up.. but there is not that "ahhh" when I see the picture coming from the revo!:( the colors are less vibrant and not as much crisp HD picture! now before you flame on.. I have to say this.. I sold my cuberevo just a day before I got my DM8000 so I couldn't do a head on comparison between the two. so I could be wrong. please tell me that I am wrong because the DM8000 is a powerhouse.

I did an comparison between cuberevo mini and dm8000. Both boxes connected to same display at the same time (50/50 screen split). Both pictures are very good, but the dm is slightly sharper and more natural. My LCD is calibrated according to D65.

The reason why I didn't wanna buy the dm, is because of all the picture quality comments in different forums. But then I got tired of all the Cube bugs and I decided to try a dm. I had the opportunity to try it for 14 days and return it to the shop if I wasn't satisfied.

I still have it:)

My advice is:
Make a deal with the shop, so you can return the product if you are not satisfied.
And then, try it for your self and do a side-by-side comparison.

Remember that your eyes can play you a trick if you try to "remember" the picture quality (switch from one source to the other). Best way to test is side-by-side.

Don't believe everything you read. Make your own opinion;)

Balijoka