Corrupting Channel List

27clint

Registered
Hi,

I have a dreambox 600s and when staying on a channel for about 1 hour or more, when I change that channel and get back to it again, the message 'The service could not be found' appears. The SNR changes from 98% to 86% to 76% to 98% etc... The BER will go up to thousands as well. To fix the problem I have to upload the channel list again and reboot. Even If I upload the same channel list will work. I tried another different channel list from another provider. Problem remained. Do you think that it will work if I re-flash the image to the box? Any help before reflashing will be appreciated. Thanks!

bojja

Registered
I think it's better do a fresh image,maybe there is something in the image is corrupting the list.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yep it sounds like something is corrupt to me.

Ferret

27clint

Registered
Re:

Thanks all of you. I re-flashed, then I'll see how it goes and I will inform you.

I have another problem now since I re-flashed.. All satellites are working (with the motor) but when I try a channel on 28.2 East the motor doesn't turn. It says service could not be found and stays there. It doesn't even try to turn, and only on this satellite.

Thanks!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Some images use 28.4e so your need to add that do this on your remote

Menu-setup-service searching-satconfig.

Now press the yellow button a few times and you should see it adding any new sats that the settings you have installed has.

Now do a soft reboot

And it should move and give you signal on 28e.

Ferret

orkocattivo

Registered
I had same years ago .. it was due to LNB almost gone (infact this is one of the several effects it does) .. changed and all suddenly fixed up (till now) :)

27clint

Registered
Re:

Thanks all of you. Probably I had an error in the satellites.xml or services because when I uploaded them again it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Time to re-flash mate and reconfigure your Dreambox as something is not right.

Ferret

27clint

Registered
I reflashed it 2 days ago and still corrupting. Probably I'll try another image as I'm using Darkstar II at the moment.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try EDG 4.4 mate. Very good image!

Ferret