Cannot Boot-Up

howpeter

Donating Member
Hi everyone, I had recently bought a Dm7020Hd v2. Yesterday I try to install CCcam & dFlash & also an old PLi image by using Dcc and DccE2, result unsuccessful. Then I use DreamUp but it got stuck at calculating checksum for a very long time.
9:04:22 AM box type: DM7020HD
9:05:01 AM Calculating checksum...
So I turn-off the Dreambox and use the browser method, initially it seem ok but when come to rebooting, it just hangs there for a very long time. So again I turn-off the Dreambox and turn-on again, sadly to say it can’t boot-up anymore, the display show the following,
“ dreambox
Powered by DREAM multimedia
(My IP address)
** SERIAL MODE ** “
I try again to install the latest images from ‘http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de & dreamboxupdate.com', it didn’t work anymore. I had recorded many drama series which I have not watched yet. I know nothing about this dreambox technology, could someone help me please!
Thanks very much!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Daft question these images are V2 images yes ? In all honest would not expect box to take v1 images.

howpeter

Donating Member
Yes I mistakenly installed that old image. Now I finally got DreamUp working and it’s flashing the new image “release-dm7020hdv2-4.0.0.nfi” but still can’t boot up. So I try flashing with this image “dreambox-image-dm7020hdv2-20140219.nfi”. But sadly, still cannot boot up. It show the followings,
“ dreambox
(My IP address)
*** STOP *** “
Please help!
Thanks very much

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you tried flashing it with the ip shown on the led display with your browser internet explorer leave it connected with the null modem cable and your ethernet cable and leave dreamup running but use your browser to flash it

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I would flash the latest V2 7020hd SSL then reboot that should get rid of the STOP message then flash a V2 image.

Let us know how you get on.

howpeter

Donating Member
have you tried flashing it with the ip shown on the led display with your browser internet explorer leave it connected with the null modem cable and your ethernet cable and leave dreamup running but use your browser to flash it

No, I can try. What should I flash it with?
Thanks very much!

howpeter

Donating Member
The SSL is a .ipk file, i can't use the browser method or DreamUp to flash it, so please tell me how to install?
Thanks very much!

As for the image shall I install this image," LT.X SP1 for DM7020HDV2 - LT Revision (3808)" ?

Thanks very much!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
install any one of them images the choice is yours, I will see if I can find an NFI bootloader for you

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I cannot find an #88NFI bootloader anywhere but if you flash one of them later images and its flashes ok after you can flash the latest ipk file by ftp'ing the ipk file to tmp then do a manual install from the remote usually

howpeter

Donating Member
Thanks for the quick reply!
Do you mean by using DCC-E2 to do that? But i can only connect the Telnet but the FTP can't connect. If it is, how can i make the FTP connect again?
You said to flash the ipk file to tmp, is it at Commander page, i copy the ipk file from right(PC) to left(FTP-Dreambox)?
Thanks very much!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you need to get the box booting with an image before you can do anything else,so choose 1 of them images and see if it flashes ok dreamelite 4 or newenigma are good images but the choice is yours.

howpeter

Donating Member
you need to get the box booting with an image before you can do anything else,so choose 1 of them images and see if it flashes ok dreamelite 4 or newenigma are good images but the choice is yours.

Thanks. Please teach me what image to use to make the box boot up. My earlier post that say to use DCC E2, am i right? If it is, please help how to connect the FTP? Before it's connected but now it cant anymore.
Please help!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
download this image http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=256754 connect your receiver with your null modem cable and etherenet cable, open dreamup do not insert the power cable into the receiver yet click on connect in dreamup and it will say now switch on, at this point you insert the power lead at the back it will say going into serial mode and on the front of the receivers led it will show an ip, put that into your url and you should see upgrade firmware click on this then locate the downloaded unzipped image from your pc and click on flash when its 100% done remove the nullmodem cable, then reboot by removing the power lead and reinserting it.

once it boots up you then can download any image from this section http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=518 and flash it the normal way if your not happy with the installed image

howpeter

Donating Member
download this image http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=256754 connect your receiver with your null modem cable and etherenet cable, open dreamup do not insert the power cable into the receiver yet click on connect in dreamup and it will say now switch on, at this point you insert the power lead at the back it will say going into serial mode and on the front of the receivers led it will show an ip, put that into your url and you should see upgrade firmware click on this then locate the downloaded unzipped image from your pc and click on flash when its 100% done remove the nullmodem cable, then reboot by removing the power lead and reinserting it.

once it boots up you then can download any image from this section http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=518 and flash it the normal way if your not happy with the installed image

Thanks, that image no longer exist, I was directed to another pages, http://www.dream-elite.net/Test-Images/index.php?dir= , and the latest image I can find is this “dreamelite-dm7020hdv2-20131227031309.nfi”. As advised, I proceed accordingly but still cannot boot up. It still show the followings,
“ dreambox
(My IP address)
*** STOP *** “
Please help!
Thanks very much!

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
download that image and flash it through your browser using the ip shown before STOP