TBS 6983 and EBSPro 15.1.0.1 Issue

somebilly

Registered
Hello guys ! I'm facing a problem with blindscan in EBSPro with my TBS 6983 card.

I'm using windows 10 64bit and the issue is the following :

I'm doing a full range blind-scan for example on Eutelsat 10e for SRs from 100 to 8000. Some TPs don't appear in the results but i know they are there !! DVB Dream tunes perfectly on those transponders with AGC 99% and SNR 80+% so obvioulsy reception is not an issue..
I'm using BLScan2 mode and i ran it several times playing around with the settings of BDA type on EBSPro -> File -> Options -> Device Options -> BDA Type : Changed from autodetect to other values , and the outcome is as follows ..

With autodetect i'm missing the alive transpoders i'm talking about, when i changed to Windows 7 BDA i saw the transpoders just like i saw them also with the TBS_NXP setting !!
I scanned again and again changing the settings around to be sure about my "troubleshooting" and as it seems my conclusion was correct until i finally set it to Windows 7 BDA value.. i ran a final scan again and the TPs now were NOT there ! I got the same results like the ones i got when i used the autodetect setting..

I tried both tuners A and B !

Anybody facing the same problem, faced it and solved it already ??
I looked around for such a topic in the forum but unfortrunately found nothing :(
Maybe the problem is sth else ?? I'm really confused..

Your help is HIGHLY appreciated ..

P.S : i'm trying with autodetect setting again but with the slow BLscan mode (not BLScan2 ..) this time. I will post the results asap.

somebilly

Registered
As it seems it's an EBSPro issue... i get the same results with BLScan (not BLScan2) also !

EBSPro freaks out as it doesn't even ask me if i want to save the changes i made to a satellite profile in scan ranges when i quit the program. When i run it again, the changes are not saved.. :(

somebilly

Registered
You can try an newer version of the Streamreader.dll. As far as I know the version with EBSpro 15.1.0.1 is 1.2.3.1348 and the latest version is 1.2.4.1406

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=2036725775#post2036725775

Thank you very much ! I will try this out ASAP ! Do i also have to overwrite the streamreader.ini file ?? I see differences in settings inside the .ini files (ebspro streamreader.ini file in installation folder VS the new streamreader.ini file i just downloaded).

Also, is there any possibility the voltage boost setting to cause any problem ??

Thank you once more !

somebilly

Registered
Tried with both the old streamreader.ini and the new one but nothing... TPs (feeds actually, SR 7200 that i'm testing) don't appear on the results at all..

DVB Dream on the other hand, locks within a second !

Any other ideas ? :(

waldmeister

Donating Member
I can do a blindscan with my TBS6903 and EBSpro 15.1.0.1. on 10°E.
Which transponder/feed is missing?

somebilly

Registered
Also what i see concerning the new streamreader.dll from the changelog of ebspro : ( http://cjcr-soft.com/download.php?file=ebspro/changelog.txt )

> 15.1.0.0 (beta) [14 jun 2016]
- Downgrade to StreamReader.dll 1.2.3.1348 due a bug with TBS 6983.

So, i guess that's the reason why the streamreader is old.. Also, with the new streamreader the side panel doesn't collect data of a TP.. either ERR or timeout ..

somebilly

Registered
Can you post screenshot of your problem?

Sure ! I'm including 4 screenshots :

a) you can see how the TP locks/scanned perfectly in DVB Dream and the feed is found

b) ..contrary to EBSPro where i sorted the results ascending based on their Symbol Rate and the TP is not there !!!

c) You can verify my full scan range (just Horizontal Polarization..) for BLScan2

d) And also the version of EBSPro and streamreader.dll on the about section.

As you can make out, i'm running windows 10 (64bit). If more screenshots or more info are required, feel free to ask me !

I really appreciate your help, thank you once more !

ditev

Banned
Try to disable direct hardware control in streamreader.ini
HWControl=0 and try again.

Try with StreamReader version 1.2.2.1260

What is version fo your TBS6983 ?

somebilly

Registered
Try to disable direct hardware control in streamreader.ini
HWControl=0 and try again.

What is version fo your TBS6983 ?

If you mean the driver version for my 6983, it's the last one 1.0.0.7

Here is a screenshot of my settings... i just turned off smart-tune to try once more and compare the results !
Didn't try to turn off HWcontrol yet..

Should i change sth for 6983 specifically ?? Sth wrong there maybe ?
Also, which is the actual BDA type, instead of "autodetect" ??

Thank you very much !

Last edited:

somebilly

Registered
Also... The results differ so much with smart tune OFF and ON !
To be precise :

With smart tune OFF :

With smart tune ON :

Is this normal ???

somebilly

Registered
I mean for Hardware version of TBS6983

I say you to try with disabled HWcontrol

Hardware version is V13 (printed on the card itself) if that's what you mean..

I know i just noticed this big difference in results that's why i posted again.

Just tried with HWcontrol disabled my friend and the blindscan process is stuck ! Doesn't finish at all.. Even if i press the stop button it doesn't respond so i have to close ebspro and restart it.

So.. next step ? :/

ditev

Banned
Hardware version is V13 (printed on the card itself) if that's what you mean..

I know i just noticed this big difference in results that's why i posted again.

Just tried with HWcontrol disabled my friend and the blindscan process is stuck ! Doesn't finish at all.. Even if i press the stop button it doesn't respond so i have to close ebspro and restart it.

So.. next step ? :/

somebilly

Registered

Is there a link to download it ? I see that crazycat gives the latest version.. Also, should i keep my streamreader.ini as is or replace it with the one i'll download ??

@waldmeister : i will do the scan as soon as possible and post a screenshot. Writing from mobile atm..

somebilly

Registered
Can you turn on side pannel scanner and do blindscan again and post screenshot

I tested the 10e 10994 H 5000 transponder for example.

Here are 2 screenshots :

1) Full range scan for Horizontal polarization only sorted in ascending SR order. Side panel open and scanned every single TP that appeared on the results. There are more results if i scroll down but i think it isn't necessary ..

2) Screenshot from DVB Dream and TP 10994 H 5000 on 10e which DOESN'T SHOW UP on the results of EBSPro but it's there, alive, locked with very good reception i guess (you can see the details of the TP at the bottom status bar of DVB Dream)

Next step i will try the 1.2.2.1260 streareader.dll version as you suggested me to. A link to download the library though would be highly appreciated..

Thank you once more guys :/