Remote not working

mgbarrett1

Registered
Hi All,
Looking for some direction here I have Bought a TM 5402 HD M3 ci+ super. First Day open the box and set it up go through the set up,
upload the latest patch. all ok.Go back the next day turn on the box and remote will not interact with the box.lights come on....press any button seems to be working changed the batteries...did a factory reset on the box,after an hours struggle accessed the loader menu as being a new box was not familiar with it and this made it harder. Still no joy with the remote...... running out of options here any advice would be much appreciated.After searching the net did come across a lot of issues with technomate remotes and faulty initial batches that have been sent out. just hoping its the remote and not the IR sensor onthe box it self

Thanks in advance

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi All,
Looking for some direction here I have Bought a TM 5402 HD M3 ci+ super. First Day open the box and set it up go through the set up,
upload the latest patch. all ok.Go back the next day turn on the box and remote will not interact with the box.lights come on....press any button seems to be working changed the batteries...did a factory reset on the box,after an hours struggle accessed the loader menu as being a new box was not familiar with it and this made it harder. Still no joy with the remote...... running out of options here any advice would be much appreciated.After searching the net did come across a lot of issues with technomate remotes and faulty initial batches that have been sent out. just hoping its the remote and not the IR sensor onthe box it self

Thanks in advance

Look at the remote emitter through a mobile phones camera while pressing buttons on the remote if you see a light from the remote its fine if not the remote is goosed.

mgbarrett1

Registered
Hi, ferret
have done that to all seems ok can see the light emitting from the remote Can't understand why it was working initially and after the patch gave up the ghost. i tried the magic eye from another box just to see if that would work no joy. i am wondering if it is the patch

regards

astrodog66

Registered
I had a similar problem with my 5402 m3 just after I bought it. It turned out that thé remote for my tm6900 had been picked up and switched thé rcu setting in the front display settings menu. Perhaps something similar happened with your box - another remote has taken control of it?

candyman2

Donating Member
Had the same problem whit the original RC,not very good one.Bought a new TM Universal lerner RC,much better RC,workes fine.

LoveMyDish

Registered
If your using the IR extender, unplug that. The IR will NOT work on the main system if the IR extender is plugged in, and if the IR extender is bad, then the IR will not work at all. I had this happen to me where i got a bad IR extender.