NS-2000 Demodulator (NS3)

liviu650

Donating Member
Yes! Too much.
Anyone knows if this demodulator is able to receive DVB-S2X, too? If so, clouds are darker, because broadcasters could choose just these box, so their transition towards new modulation types (including DVB-S2X, not just NS3 and NS4) would be easier for them (not for us unfortunately).
Also, I don't understand what NS3-Enhanced means.... is it the same like NS4 or something different? Thanks.

"NovelSat is a technology company dedicated to providing the next-generation modulation standard for satellite communications. NovelSat supports DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X*.

*Planned"

from novelsat site

harshy

Registered
Yes that's right I am talking about the channel that shows live matches with analysis, EPL Archive, Fanzone, Kickoff, PLTV News

Francescone

Yes that's right I am talking about the channel that shows live matches with analysis, EPL Archive, Fanzone, Kickoff, PLTV News

Other than that (and other than EBU Hypermux at 7 East), anyone knows more NS3/NS4 frequencies? Looking mainly for more EBU and Globecast international feeds. Thanks.

liviu650

Donating Member
Hello guys,

What do you think about TBS 690A DVB-ASI Capture card?
Would it pair ok with the NS2000 demodulator for recording and viewing the feeds with the usual programs like DVBDream?

Greetings,
Liviu

Francescone

Hello guys,

What do you think about TBS 690A DVB-ASI Capture card?
Would it pair ok with the NS2000 demodulator for recording and viewing the feeds with the usual programs like DVBDream?

Greetings,
Liviu

I don't know that card, but I suggest you carefully check ASI input specs before buying. NS3 uses very high bandwidth, so ASI card must get at least 200 MB/s of speed. Many cards do not reach this value. I know Alitronika ASI to USB devices, they perfectly make what you are looking for.

liviu650

Donating Member
I don't know that card, but I suggest you carefully check ASI input specs before buying. NS3 uses very high bandwidth, so ASI card must get at least 200 MB/s of speed. Many cards do not reach this value. I know Alitronika ASI to USB devices, they perfectly make what you are looking for.

I don't seem to find any piece of hardware from alitronika that can handle symbol rate more than 45 Ms/s. Am I wrong when I assume it can't handle those SR 68.57 Ms/s NS3 transponders?

sens333

Donating Member
I don't seem to find any piece of hardware from alitronika that can handle symbol rate more than 45 Ms/s. Am I wrong when I assume it can't handle those SR 68.57 Ms/s NS3 transponders?

alitronika AT4USB
DVB-ASI Input/Output Bit Rate: 0 to 214 Mbit/s.

It works with NS2000 without any problems.

Francescone

alitronika AT4USB
DVB-ASI Input/Output Bit Rate: 0 to 214 Mbit/s.

It works with NS2000 without any problems.

I confirm. Tested. Exact model name is AT40USB.
Symbol rate is not an issue, because it is managed from decoder (NS2000), not the interface. I referred to bitrate, not SR, and it reaches 214 MB/s as mentioned by sens333.

roccky

Registered
Any news on alternative ways of watching ns3 without ns2000 demodulator?

It seems ns3 feeds are becoming more and more frequent. I remember when it was being said in the forums quite a few months ago that tbs was working on something. Nothing from any manufacturer yet?

Last edited: