Vu+duo2 and cable?

LinoDavis

Registered
Hi guys was wondering, I currently have a skybox f5 which is fine. But I am looking at getting a vu+duo2 with the optional cable tuner too. I was wondering will it be possible to have both a s*y gift and also get vm? And watch (or record) both? I currently have a s*y gift but not sure where to start with vm, I used to have a kryptview vm box so I know how to set those up but that's it lol I've searched net but can't find anything about the vu+duo2 and cable?

Your help and advise would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes it can run the sat side and cable side independently off the same emu and config or even different emus if needed.

You could watch a sat channel and record a cable channel yes.

LinoDavis

Registered
Thanks ferret do you know where I could find a tutorial on how to set it up for cable (vm) also is the virgin free like on the kryptview or do I have to buy a gift like s*y

LinoDavis

Registered
Thanks manic I didn't even kno cardsharing was available on vm I can't find any services about it through google ?

polosolo

Registered
Can someone please provide a tutorial to get up and running with VM cable side with these tuners .
e.g.: do we require different images .. 1 for sat and another for cable? will one image work with both? etc.
I tutorial would be very welcome ,as I too can find little info on the cable side with these tuners.

Thank you

burgh1

Registered
I have Ultimo working with 2x dvb-s and 1 x dvb-c swapped from sat to cable. I use Mgcamd and is all same to set up as if using sat gift. Not experimented with a gift from both yet but can be done. Using Vix as as the auto bouquet feature built in. Works a treat...

Was going to look at having 2 dvb-c and using loop through' but not found much on it working for recording while watching another. So may need to have a sat and cable feed for this feature. So some might say why not stay with the sat if the record one while watch another feature is important. But it's good to hd back...

riley37

Registered
can oscam read virmin card

hi just a spin off but can oscam ymod read and clear my virmin card I have looked around for this but don't seem to find anything

digi247

Registered
hi just a spin off but can oscam ymod read and clear my virmin card I have looked around for this but don't seem to find anything

Afraid not the cards are married to the receiver so you have to get the Key logged from the receiver to match the card, Not easy and not Cheap but as many are aware it has been done

tonymacc

Registered
when you setup your vu, make sure you install the vix image, it grabs all the channel bouquets & epg direct from the providers cable & sat, it is awesome. best thing i ever bought

Sydk

Registered
search for and download openvix-vuduo2-release-Hades.018 image. evrything you need to run cable on is on that image, including autobouquets. PM me and i can send you a backup image of mine, if that'll help you out. You'll have to get your own 'gift' tho. lol.
Also, worth noting, most servers onlywork with mgcamd on cable, not cccam.