Technomate 5402 M3 - Strange effect on HD Channel

anasazi99

Registered
Hello everybody, i've the Technomate 5402 M3 with Phantompatch 146p. I can see the AFN package on 9est with no problem... No, I'm sorry, with one problem! Only on the HD channel of this package (HD Sport) i've a annoying effect... i don't know how to explain, like a buffering...the result is, that the image, every 10-15 seconds, speed up for half second, and after this half second, back normal for others 10-15 seconds... and so on. I don't know if others have noted this kind of effect and in special way if this issue it was solved. In every case, thank you so much for your attention.

Kind regards
anasazi.

mb2410

Registered
hi mate ive same setup i had aproblem yesterday with 4.8e mainly cn for the young one so i took the keys out rebooted box and then placed the keys back in and all worked ok,,,,just checked 9e and there is no issues on what you mention,hope this helps you out

anasazi99

Registered
hi mate ive same setup i had aproblem yesterday with 4.8e mainly cn for the young one so i took the keys out rebooted box and then placed the keys back in and all worked ok,,,,just checked 9e and there is no issues on what you mention,hope this helps you out

mb2410, thanks for the answer, may be i need to try on others HD channel to verify this thing. In any case i have the same issue with old phantompatch... i'm wait reports also from other guys!

Thanks again!

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like a slight Video Buffer upgrading to the very latest patch 01-11-2016 should sort it out but try this first ..
PRESS Menu> A/V OUTPUT Settings > TV TYPE > NTSC
PUT LIKE THAT Exit and save

This is HIGHLY recommended for AFN And even ESPN 15W And MSNBC News Feeds on 15W those settings ive always had and dont get any issues at all .
Good luck !

anasazi99

Registered
Sounds like a slight Video Buffer upgrading to the very latest patch 01-11-2016 should sort it out but try this first ..
PRESS Menu> A/V OUTPUT Settings > TV TYPE > NTSC
PUT LIKE THAT Exit and save

This is HIGHLY recommended for AFN And even ESPN 15W And MSNBC News Feeds on 15W those settings ive always had and dont get any issues at all .
Good luck !

barney2222, many thanks for your answer, i've tried a lot of different settings and naturally also to set the NTSC in A/V OUTPUT Settings but with no results, now i search the patch 01-11-2016 to upgrade! :thum:

Thanks for your help!!

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
barney2222, many thanks for your answer, i've tried a lot of different settings and naturally also to set the NTSC in A/V OUTPUT Settings but with no results, now i search the patch 01-11-2016 to upgrade! :thum:

Thanks for your help!!
ok strange issue i do not have that problem myself :confused:
anyhow if it helps here is latest patch for TM5402 M3 HD
=>
Code:
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5402hd&num=69

Good Testing :thum:

anasazi99

Registered
ok strange issue i do not have that problem myself :confused:
anyhow if it helps here is latest patch for TM5402 M3 HD
=>
Code:
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5402hd&num=69

Good Testing :thum:

Upgrade done! No results :( i'm try to change other settings...

SilverHippy

Registered
Hi, yeah I've had that on BBC ONE NEWS HD 28E noticeable on the news ticker on lower screen on same stb & patch but reboot & all is normal. I've not noticed it since updating to the latest updated 146p but all my sat positions moved 6 clicks East so adjusted them & a day later they all moved back 6 clicks west so readjusted again ?? nothing loose on dish....watching & waiting fingers crossed.

regards

Just checked 9E & all ok

Last edited:

anasazi99

Registered
Done Factory reset, loaded the original firmware, reloaded the last Phantompatch, rescan the AFN TP and nothing is changed :eek: in the same sat position i've tuned Fashion ONE, (HD) and the vision is perfect :confused: for now i don't have other things to try, if you have it... shoot!

Thanks for all :thum:

manic01

Super VIP
No need for NTSC setting , just set to AUTO and it will switch between NTSC and PAL as and when required.
I have tried last few patches and their is no issue on that channel for me.

anasazi99

Registered
No need for NTSC setting , just set to AUTO and it will switch between NTSC and PAL as and when required.
I have tried last few patches and their is no issue on that channel for me.

Hi manic01, i've set to AUTO and nothing is changed, now i think that this kind of problem is only mine... this is the why has no trace on the net... i need to investigate in deep! :hammer:

Martin.Wigston

Registered
I have noticed this strange behaviour in the past on this channel during the copa america games but not all the time, I put it down to a crap encoder with too little bit rate for a HD channel.

Also for some reason the HD channel seems to broadcast at 25 fps unlike the SD channels which are 30 fps

anasazi99

Registered
I have noticed this strange behaviour in the past on this channel during the copa america games but not all the time, I put it down to a crap encoder with too little bit rate for a HD channel.

Also for some reason the HD channel seems to broadcast at 25 fps unlike the SD channels which are 30 fps

Thank you Martin for your answer, after years i have reconnected my old skystar... and the incriminated channel is absolutely perfect! My Thecnomate is the problem, no doubt!:mecry:

juncopartner

Registered
Hello everybody, i've the Technomate 5402 M3 with Phantompatch 146p. I can see the AFN package on 9est with no problem... No, I'm sorry, with one problem! Only on the HD channel of this package (HD Sport) i've a annoying effect... i don't know how to explain, like a buffering...the result is, that the image, every 10-15 seconds, speed up for half second, and after this half second, back normal for others 10-15 seconds... and so on. I don't know if others have noted this kind of effect and in special way if this issue it was solved. In every case, thank you so much for your attention.

Kind regards
anasazi.

Mine does exactly the same, only on the HD channel, the sd channels are not affected.

manic01

Super VIP
He said it happens every 15 secs on his stb yours doesnt does it?

Last edited:

anasazi99

Registered
Mine does exactly the same, only on the HD channel, the sd channels are not affected.

Hi juncopartner, i'm sorry for your problem but i can say... i'm not alone! For the same receiver, could be exist different tuner... and this could be a valid explanation! This evening I will open the receiver to control the tuner brand!

juncopartner

Registered
Hi juncopartner, i'm sorry for your problem but i can say... i'm not alone! For the same receiver, could be exist different tuner... and this could be a valid explanation! This evening I will open the receiver to control the tuner brand!

I initially thought it may be the tv I was using but I changed from Panasonic to Sony and the problem remains. So it definitely seems to be a sat box problem. Be interesting if there are different tuners used in the 5402 hd m3.