C-band Crazy Project - Home Made

mrhardylima

Registered
Hello All, Im doing a nice project of turning Ku-Band dish on C-Band dish without destoying it!

Material: Aluminium Paper - 5 rolls (chinese shop)
Paper Box - 9 Boxes will be needed
Roll of Glue - 3 Rolls Needed
Aluminium Wire - 2 Rolls

Procedure:

1º - You will need to know the size of your dish, for exemple, you have 1,80m like me, and you want 2,20cm dish. Go to the top of the paper box were it curves and closes the box, cut it till you get 4 parts. Cut 40cm of the box from the bottom.

2º - Get the wire, without cut it you will need to get all connected to all parts around the dish. Paste 2 parts with the wire between them.

3º - Alluminium paper, cover all of it with the aluminium paper and close it well with the roll of glue to make sure with wind and rain it dont get destroyed!

Note: The Alluminium Wire will ensure that all stays together!

4º - Once all the parts are made and well fixed, fit in your dish, here you have two options:

A: Do little holes in the curve on the top of your dish and use the wire.
B: Use much glue from the roll and ensure all is well fixed!

LNB:

As you know your dish will not recognise your new extentions in his state. The arm is only getting power for 1.8m dish.
I am using a poll with will extend half of the size you increase.

THIS IS IMPORTANT STEP: If you increase 40cm, you will need the half of size on the poll. 40-20 = 20cm

1º - Do a hole on the top of the poll and fix your Cband holder.
2º - Fit your LNB.
3º - Point the dish and fix the signal

If you made all correct you should get the boost of 20/35% on Cband channels and feeds.

mrhardylima

Registered
With Extentions mounted my 1.8m was extended to 2.20m (40cm), with it i was able to lock 26E Badr with 71% Cband

mrhardylima

Registered
There are not pictures at moment
You can use any paper box from deliveries, and what disk and reception? u mean screenshot of signals? i cant give them because i use a satlink machine.

nicol-one

Registered
you can at least make a drawing on the procedure?
how to use the boxes, how to fix them?
without anything that helps, your idea seems just an idea

ricard silveira

Registered
Famaval dish with 1.25m and extensions with 600mm=2.4m or

Dish 1.25m with extensions 1m = Dish 3.25m C band
Lnb C band with feed not scalar conical 17k

capsmvp

Registered
That is really cool. At that size though it will likely only get the super strong c band transmissions.