VU+ Ultimo vs Vu+ Solo2

mo.p

Registered
hi guys I am currently in the process of purchasing a new satellite receiver which I will connect motorised set-up.I have two recievers that I am looking at the VU+ Ultimo vs Vu+ Solo2,I wonder can any one guide me to which one I should purchase and why Thank You very much in advance!!!

^G@w@in^

Registered
Depends on your tuner needs, if a twin is all you need them the solo2 is fine. Much faster box and nice and compact to.

charliecossie

Registered
thanks m8 i only need twin tuner but why VU+ Ultimo twin tuner is £50 more

Ultimo has many more "features" (mainly connection possibilities), much better display and, most important in my opinion, can take a 3.5" hard drive as opposed to a 2.5"er.

Robinson74

Registered
If you find transcoding useful, you must go for Solo2.
However, you would have to ask experienced VU+ users how this new feature works.

Philphil

Registered
I don't personally think having a 3.5" disk is necessarily an "advantage" particularly as the 2.5" disks use less power and generate less heat. Also the VU+ Solo2 has an external power supply as opposed to the Ultimo's internal PS, which again is going to generate more heat, decreasing reliabilty. As has been said the Solo2 has 2 fixed tuners but is considerably faster, having a twin-core processor. I would wait for the VU+ Duo2 if you need more than 2 tuners (The Duo 2 has 3 tuner slots and can take cable and terrestrial tuners.) The picture quality on the Solo2 is first rate, much better than my neighbour's VU+ Duo.

Last edited:

Amnesix1

Registered
If you only need two tuners, then you should buy the Solo². Better hardware (1,3 GHz!!), better performance, newer, better picture quality, more flash, transcoding,...

Do you need more arguments? :)

^G@w@in^

Registered
With the Duo2 around the corner I would suggest you wait for that if you can stretch your budget.
You wont be disappointed.

sa321

Registered
If you are dxer don't buy ultimo - It has reception problems
contrary solo2 has a very sensitive tuner