motorised set up questions

justcallmeSteve

Registered
hi all,
just had my motorised system re-sited and now have 2 tm5402 hd m3 ci super+ one upstairs i've had for a year which i bought with firmware added and as of today one downstairs but in as from factory mode which i'm not sure how to patch so i can add powervu keys etc,can i take the firmware from upstairs box by usb and add it to the new box? i have been watching EPL on 4.8e bftv2 but i lost that channel this weekend after doing a transponder scan on 12418 h it brought in 25 channels but not bftv2 which i had until the scan however i've noticed the box downstairs has that channel with signal does anyone else use those channels and confirm they still have bftv2 if so how do i get it back? is there an advanced advanced search i can do for just 1 channel? can i get EPL on any other sat i can get in the north east of england? i have sats stored from 34w to 42e.

steve

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Also no Channel Exists called " bftv2 "
i think you made a typo ??
you were most likely trying to talk about BETFRED TV [ TTV ] ?
WHICH Sometimes Re-Broadcasts Sky Sport EPL Football coverage
which is still there but SiS Keys on 4.8E change on a daily basis therefor again you really need to read and learn how to manually input PowerVU Keys so that you can avoid dark screens on those channels .
Good luck : )

justcallmeSteve

Registered
sorry i originally posted in the wrong section, i was hoping to be able to take the software as i'm not used to using usb with files just recording tv,i dont want to take the current channel list as it doesnt have the channel i metioned on 4.8e is there a in depth step by step guide from downloading the file to uploading on the box inclding how and what i need to put the file onto usb,i used to use rs 232 lead years ago but for many years have just used the remote to update keys.

justcallmeSteve

Registered
Also no Channel Exists called " bftv2 "
i think you made a typo ??
you were most likely trying to talk about BETFRED TV [ TTV ] ?
WHICH Sometimes Re-Broadcasts Sky Sport EPL Football coverage
which is still there but SiS Keys on 4.8E change on a daily basis therefor again you really need to read and learn how to manually input PowerVU Keys so that you can avoid dark screens on those channels .
Good luck : )
yes i wasn't sure how cryptic we are supposed to be when discussing these things i have been using the keys daily but as i explained the channel (cisco 4) is not scanning for me i get bftv1 bftv3 but have lost bftv which shows the football with pid 400 410 thats why i was asking if its possible just to search for that channel.

TREER

Donating Member
Download phantom patch
transfer to usb stick
put usb in tm

select menu>usb/external device>usb updown file manager>phantompatch>ok

justcallmeSteve

Registered
look i dont want to get off on the wrong foot here so let me sinplify it,i need to know how to get from the download onto the usb and also if anyone is still getting the channel on 4.8e (i'm thinking i could take this old channel list from the new box and put that on the box that has the firmware already) please only reply if you can help with the steps needed.
steve

Mikelsat

Registered
To open zipped folders you need to Download the "WinRAR" program, then open the Phantompatch folder, highlight the Phantompatch file and click & drag it into the usb folder.
As for the missing channel, scan the TP again, you will have 5 BF channels, "BETFRED TV [ TTV ]" is the one you want.
Also have a look at the tm-5402 online pdf manual, - (page 13) "Data Transfer" .

justcallmeSteve

Registered
To open zipped folders you need to Download the "WinRAR" program, then open the Phantompatch folder, highlight the Phantompatch file and click & drag it into the usb folder.
As for the missing channel, scan the TP again, you will have 5 BF channels, "BETFRED TV [ TTV ]" is the one you want.
Also have a look at the tm-5402 online pdf manual, - (page 13) "Data Transfer" .

i have winrar now on my desktop and have downloaded the patch do i just click on the patch then insert usb (winrar just opens patch?) and look for a list,i have only ever once used a usb stick like this before and it was years ago been updating keys in the remote with mute exit or 8280.

justcallmeSteve

Registered
i must be doing something wrong i went to my downloads then show in folder the inserted usb found store n go in control panel right clicked browse files went back to downloads dragged the file for patch which looked like a pile of books to the list in left margin and then clicked on the store n go but file was not added

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
"WinRAR" or "Winzip" simply is used to extract the desired file from its .zip or .rar file
when extracted it should be one single file and in .stb format
and yes 100% for sure you have no idea about extracting files , and sounds like your doing everything totally wrong and making it sound a lot more complex than it actually is,lol's :D

you have d/loaded patch from above provided link ??
now use "WinRAR" or "Winzip" to extract the .stb file from its .zip folder

Highlight the Phantompatch file and click & drag it into the USB folder this will show up instantly when you insert USB in your Laptop ,

Then put USB Stick in your TM5402 USB Slot Front or back it matters not

Select menu on remote> scroll down to usb/external device> Press ok > press green button > file manager>Select phantompatch> Press OK

wait for your box to Reboot & JOB Done
i fail to see how you can over-complicate such an easy basic task ??
how you ever got one TM5402 box patched i shall never know ,lol's

justcallmeSteve

Registered
yes i've repeatedly said i have no idea about using the usb for files and thats why i asked for an in depth step by step guide,i have pach 147 downloaded and winrar on desktop so i must now click the winrar pile of books icon to get to the file? to extract the stb file. i bought the first tm with the software/firmware added by the seller. i have searched youtube for a guide to doing it but cannot find any apart from channel lists. please dont think i'm a numpty just because i dont have knowledge of files i've never been taught to use computers but when it comes to using them for betting of ebay i'm red hot. the other problem i keep mentioning about betfred tv2 is still there i have re-scanned that transponder again today got 25 channels 4 titled betfred but not the ones with pids 400 and 410 which is the channel i've had and watched the EPL on all season long until i had to re-scan this weekend. i do realise members are trying to help.

manic01

Super VIP
Channel name for those pids is
BETFRED TV (TTV)
Go this site for an unzipped patch
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/reply.php?board=tm5402hd&num=69
Download that file, it will end in .stb
Then
Load on to usb stick
Insert usb stick in TM5402

Then Select

Menu
USB
External device
USB up/down
File manager
Phantompatch.stb
OK
Always back the channel list up first in case of errors.
Make sure to re enter your usals settings if using Usals.

Last edited:

justcallmeSteve

Registered
i'm going to give the advice by manic a try but if i cant do it i'm wondering if any member would sell me a usb stick with the patch on it as its just frustrating me too much and making me feel thick.

justcallmeSteve

Registered
downloaded it clicked on it and got box popped up with error
the archive is either unknown format or damaged. it would definitely be easiest for me if somebody will sell me a pre loaded usb with the firmware not channel list or keys i can add them myself via remote.

justcallmeSteve

Registered
getting the channels put in order got 4.8e sorted with the channel i'm missing on the upstairs box now clearing on new box with older channel list, when i'm changing channels the screen goes green then black than picture comes on it happens when swiching channels on different transponders and between sd and hd this has happened before the patch was added is this a common problem?

manic01

Super VIP
Change setting format from 1080 to auto or 576.
Please and thanks are often appreciated by members giving their time freely.