Technomate 5402 MK2 problem

Nutster

Registered
Hi,

I need some advice on strange problem that has cropped up. I have just upgraded my dish to a 1.1m triax (from a 90cm)and the signal strength has dropped dramatically on 13 and 28 east. In some cases it is coming up with bad signal eg Super Tennis on 13 east. Now here is the strange thing I have a VU Solo 2 plus box attached to the same dish and LNB and the signal strength has increased on all the channels (as you would expect from a bigger dish). Its a twin LNB so I swapped the cables from the VU plus to the technomate but the results are exactly the same! The dish is aligned correctly (as the VU Plus is working fine)and the cabling is also spot on (this was replaced when I upgraded the dish and motor. One other strange thing is that on the technomate when I had the 90cm dish I used to struggle to tune MUTV on 10 east but now this is showing around 84% - so this suggests the technomate is working well on some channels / satellites. I am genuinely confused as to why the signal has dropped on 13 and 28 east for the technomate but not the VU plus (on exactly the same channels). I was just going to buy a mk3 technomate (to replace the mk2) but I was worried of spending another £90.00 and the problem still being there. Just one other thing the techomate had patch 106 on it when it was installed and I did try to put another patch on it a few months ago which failed so I went back to the 106. I didn't check exactly how to do this and after restoring the 106 patch I had to keep keying in the pin number 0000 when going to the different menus (this wasn't the case earlier). I am wondering now if I have corrupted the technomate? Sorry for the long winded post but I just wanted to give all the information.

manic01

Super VIP
To remove the pin actions
Menu
System settings
Password setting
Set top 3 to OFF.
Ref the signal issues, I had that once using a Inverto black ultra lnb.
Try swapping the ports on the lnb to the TM to see if its the same.
I would not recommend the M3 unless you want something from it the M2 can't offer as the M1/M2 are better sd quality by a long way compared to the M3.

manic01

Super VIP
The TM5402 could be showing signs of tuner failure, or caps failing.
You can pick a 5402 up cheap on auction sites.

manic01

Super VIP
Also if using motor, check the usals settings are correct on the 5402 as you may or reset them accidentally when trying to load patch previously.
Menu
Installation
Motorised Setting
Diseqc Motor is set to Usals

Near bottom

check

Position Setting is correct.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
The TM5402 could be showing signs of tuner failure, or caps failing.
You can pick a 5402 up cheap on auction sites.
This i think could be the issue , if possible test your TM5402 on a fixed dish
easy to do just Temp. disconnect the sat cable from motor and go direct to LNB port once you have a decent lock on any random satellite this avoids the dish moving at all then hook up your TM5402 to see if signal remains poor its a simple and effective solution which only takes few mins and you will see quickly if tuner or caps are indeed failing
buying the TM5402 M3 is a waste of money support stopped long ago
if you need to buy the upgrade to a 4K Box and something that is infact supported with software updates unlike the Technomate brand :mecry:

Nutster

Registered
Also if using motor, check the usals settings are correct on the 5402 as you may or reset them accidentally when trying to load patch previously.
Menu
Installation
Motorised Setting
Diseqc Motor is set to Usals

Near bottom

check

Position Setting is correct.

All settings are correct. I will try want you and Barney have indicated - I have a separate fixed sky dish on 28 east.

Nutster

Registered
This i think could be the issue , if possible test your TM5402 on a fixed dish
easy to do just Temp. disconnect the sat cable from motor and go direct to LNB port once you have a decent lock on any random satellite this avoids the dish moving at all then hook up your TM5402 to see if signal remains poor its a simple and effective solution which only takes few mins and you will see quickly if tuner or caps are indeed failing
buying the TM5402 M3 is a waste of money support stopped long ago
if you need to buy the upgrade to a 4K Box and something that is infact supported with software updates unlike the Technomate brand :mecry:

It's a shame Technomate don't appear to be supported the non -Linux receivers these days. The reason I upgraded my dish and the LNB to a twin is because I wanted both Linux and Non Linux boxes (I struggle a bit with the Linux box and I find the Technomate easier to use for feeds amongst other things). Are there any other non Linux boxes that you would recommend that are easy to use? - I don't necessarily need 4k as my tv is only 1080p.