Quote of the Day

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black." - This is Spinal Tap

RIDER

Super VIP
"Dog will hunt, get that bitch leatherface, get that bitch. he he he, dog will hunt." - Chop Top

RIDER

Super VIP
"The enjoyment of art is the only remaining ecstasy that is neither immoral nor illegal." - Hardy Cathcart (The Dark Corner)

RIDER

Super VIP
"Performance and image, that's what it's all about." - G.T.O. (Two-Lane Blacktop)

RIDER

Super VIP
"The secret of success is consistency of purpose."

- Benjamin Disraeli

RIDER

Super VIP
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

RIDER

Super VIP
"Oh, why was I ever born ? This is no time for riddles." - (The Big Show, 1936)

RIDER

Super VIP
"Some get high on airplane glue... detergents... fancy gimmicks. My satori is this: Zen in the art of buttering bread!" - Gorodish (Diva)

RIDER

Super VIP
"You wouldn't hit a man with no trousers on, would you?" - Charlie Croker (The Italian Job)

RIDER

Super VIP
"Are you waving the flag at *me*?" - Skip McCoy (Pickup on South Street)

RIDER

Super VIP
"Victory belongs to the most persevering."

- Napoleon Bonaparte

RIDER

Super VIP
"Well, it was pitch dark and there he was. Tall, blue eyes, slim, quite good-looking... in a brutal, mean way, Papa. A terrible man!" - Nicole Bonnet (How to Steal a Million)

RIDER

Super VIP
"No woman could ever run for President. She'd have to admit she's over 35." - Katharene Hepburn (State of the Union)

RIDER

Super VIP
"Do what you can with what you have where you are."

- Theodore Roosevelt

RIDER

Super VIP
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Today in Rotten History[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Jul 21 365Earthquake destroys the ancient Egyptian city of Alexandria, causing the sea to recede and then re-enter the city with tremendous force. Many of those not killed by collapsing buildings were drowned. Fifty thousand die.
Jul 21 1913
Thirty-five negro inmates roast in their cells when the Oakley Prison Farm in Jackson, Mississippi catches fire.
Jul 21 1919
Two passengers, a mechanic and 10 bank employees are killed in Chicago when a Goodyear blimp, the Winged Foot Express, catches fire and crashes through the roof of the Illinois Trust and Savings Bank.
Jul 21 1925
John Scopes is found guilty of teaching evolution in a Tennessee public school. The jury fines him $100.
Jul 21 1972
In Milwaukee, George Carlin is arrested for obscenity and disorderly conduct for performing his "Seven Dirty Words" routine in front of a group of wheelchair-bound children. He is released after posting $150 bail.
Jul 21 1981
Mark David Chapman is sentenced to 20 years in prison for the shooting of John Lennon. His only response is to read a passage from a J.D. Salinger novel. Chapman currently works as a janitor in Attica State Prison.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Yesterday in Rotten History[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Jul 20 1923While driving his 1919 Dodge, retired revolutionary Pancho Villa is ambushed and assassinated. But even with 16 gunshot wounds he still manages to kill one of his attackers. Curiously, Villa's head is stolen from his grave three years later and never recovered. Despite persistent rumors, Yale's secret society Skull and Bones denies they possess the artifact.
Jul 20 1944
In an attempt on Hitler's life, a timebomb explodes in the situation room of the Wolf's Lair, killing four Nazi officers but only wounding the Fuhrer. After his close call, Hitler becomes even more paranoid. A massive purge is to follow, resulting in the execution of thousands of officers.
Jul 20 1951
In Jerusalem at the al-Aqsa Mosque, King Abdullah of Jordan is shot three times in the head and chest by Mustapha Shukri Usho, a Palestinian opposed to peace with Israel. Abdullah dies on the spot.
Jul 20 1969
On live television, the world watches as Neil Armstrong steps foot on the Moon. That is, unless it was faked.
Jul 20 1973
In Hong Kong, martial artist Bruce Lee drops into a coma and dies of cerebral edema. He had been experiencing brain problems beginning in May, which included sporadic loss of consciousness. Lee's death transpires shortly before the release of Enter the Dragon, his most successful film.
Jul 20 1994
O.J. Simpson offers a $500,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the Real Killers. To this day progress remains elusive, although Simpson's golf score has improved somewhat.
Jul 20 2005
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) changes the rating of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from mature to adults only forcing a recall. The game had been distributed with a hidden sex game made unlockable by a clever hacker's modification titled Hot Coffee. The recall cost Rockstar Games millions of dollars although the incident generated lots of free publicity.
[/FONT]

RIDER

Super VIP
Shall I crack any of those old jokes, master,
At which the audience never fail to laugh?

Aristophanes

RIDER

Super VIP
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."

- Amelia Earhart

RIDER

Super VIP
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.
Matsuo Basho