Newbie needs help - First System

HighSlayer

Registered
Hi guys - found this forum and it looks an interesting place so joined up!

Ok - mucho help and advice needed lol!

I'm buying an HD TV and considering a Freeview Satellite system but with an eye to my future needs. It needs to be HD-compatible. Just received a leaflet from Maplins with this offer for £159 all in
no links to commercial sites

The receiver has some good reviews on the net. It comes with a 65cm dish. I live in the north east of england (county durham) so is this suitable?

I want to be able to access free to air channels, the new freesat service when it is launched, plus whatever else is around! I'm really looking at a single satellite view system - is this wrong? Will I need a card of any sort?

I also have problems with freeview DVB reception in my house. There is a proper aerial outside which gives reasonable reception on the main TV, but I cant get any reception with portable aerials in any of the other rooms.

So - my idea was in the future to replace the dish with a 80/90cm dish with quad-LNB and run cable to the kids rooms etc, then buy some cheap receivers so they will get all the channels too. Must be better than a Freeview box, and not much more expensive.I'd also like to perhaps get a dish with 3 LNBs for 3 satellites, feeding the whole lot out to the 4 boxes - if that is possible?

Am I doing the right thing, or should I be considering other stuff? It would be great to get a box which can have 'updates' but I fear out of my price range. I know nothing about CI/CAMs and all of the other jargon lol!

I've spent the last 2 days looking around the net, and also joined this forum and one other. I've seen the following 2 receivers mentioned so wonder if they would be worth spending the extra on over the Passion, or not? Obviously every time I do something different it will cost more money lol!

Hivion HD-9090X about £279
Technomate TM-6800HD about £279

Now - these are receivers only not a full kit, but as I am thinking about the separate dish anyway that isnt too much of a problem, although they are also double the price of the Fortec Passion

All help/suggestions/derision appreciated!

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
hi.you can go for Kathrein HD,relook you can update easy and will have lot of futures if you invest for a new HD reciver must be linux base m8...goodluck