cccam 0e2 image

naveed68

Registered
hi all ive been ou the country for 8 months and just got back i just flashed the new oe2 image and carnt find any tutorials for cccam installation or any sefvers etc ..

i carnt even flash back to older image any help pls would be most welcome thanks

Renard

Registered
In Plugins you will find MulticamManager and also SoftcamManager for OE2.0 and also Emus which you can install.
Regards, Renard

naveed68

Registered
do you have to install the bluepannel or gp3 wizzard first as im totaly confused on how to install them i have been trying for 2 days .. and i read there was an addon server im not sure about how to set this image up thanks

naveed68

Registered
ok got the blue pannel installed

but i can not find MulticamManager and also SoftcamManager for OE2.0 and also Emus

ararat

Softcams were removed in GP3 Plugin.
To get them back one needs to install gp3-camfeed and restart box (GUI). Then softcams are available for installation in download section of GP3 Blue Panel. Only after installation you can select them in "CI-Modul" (softcam) manager.

As far as I read there may not all softcams be available for OE2.0 yet?

Maybe this helps (link for camfeed OE2.0 inside discussion):
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=228930&highlight=GP3-camfeed

---
I can´t tell how good OE2.0 works at the moment. I for myself will wait with OE2.0 installation until first release is out.
Still some (few) bugs in experimentals reported (wlan, usb) as I read on official dreambox board, but not many complaints and only few people. So OE2.0 may be worth a try if you want new features (like burning bluray video for standalone players/hbbtv and what else is to come).

ararat

Did you get the gp3-camfeed and it didn´t work or
did you not get anywhere with the link above?

GP3-camfeed Onestep (ZIP-file) for OE2.0. and OE1.6 attached.

File for educational purpose only. Decrypting channels with a softcam may be against the law of your country (even with possession of a legal subscription from pay-tv provider). Use on own risk.

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
havent tryed it as ididnt get anywhere with the feed is there any instruction for this and do you know what cams you get with this file cheer for your help

naveed68

Registered
i think ill leave it until someone can comfirm cccam is working on the new oe2 image cheers m8

ararat

Readme.txt how to install gp3-camfeed is inside Zip-file (English/German).

Can´t tell what emus are available for OE2.0 via camfeed at this moment. I hope all emus that used to be in older Camfeed are/will still be possible - didn´t try it up to now, because I still have CVS Experimental enigma2-OE1.6 on my dm8000hd. Perhaps I´ll try OE2.0 myself, too in near future.

CCCam has been reported to work on enigma2-OE2.0, I just googled this.

Download + installation of cam can be done via GP3 BluePanel "ADDONS" function, where you can access the camfeed. After a restart of your dreambox, a Nagra3 card with valid subscription should certainly work inside its cardslot (no configs/settings needed).
If you want your box to go further than reading your smartcard, you need config files.

Standard config files for emus (with explanations inside) shoud be downloadable/installable from within gp3-camfeed, too, but have to be edited for personal needs.
You´ll certainly get it going:thum:

naveed68

Registered
thanks again im liking the nemesis image now with ts pannel installed think ill wait untill updates on gp3 wizzard 0.16 to show up in the ts pannel on nemesis and give it another try from looking around on forums at the moment its not yet right

ararat

But you know, naveed68:) that only original CVS images are new OE2.0, do you?

OE2.0 (at least its new implemented C++ code) different to its predecessor, OE1.6, is not open source anymore.
Therefore Nemesis (and other OE1.6 firmwares) presumably won´t be released as new OE2.0 images.
The GP3 Plugin won´t change OE1.6 Nemesis into OE2.0 Nemesis, even if you always install the latest GP3 version.

So, if you want new OE2.0 functions like HBBTV or support for burning BlurayVideo, you have no choice but installation of original CVS OE2.0 image (+ GP3 plugin for OE2.0).

remark: OE2.0 image only runs on original dreamboxes - not on clone boxes - that´s the main reason why it was programmed.

ararat

Installed OE2.0 + GP3, yesterday on one of my boxes (clientbox - hostbox still runs OE1.6 - will flash that one with OE 2.0 this afternoon).
Works fine.:), but didn´t try new HBBTV/Webbrowser/Bluray -burning -playback , 3D Settings yet.
(WLAN problems with OE2.0 reported on dreambox board. I use LAN - no probs.)

Couldn´t install latest GP3SettingsManager v.3.06 - it´s only for OE1.6.
New OE2.0 version 4.x doesn´t seem to be available, yet :mecry:.
Installed dflash 4,7 for OE2.0 instead,
(file attached - FTP it to /media/hdd and install it with Softwaremanager/Installation of local files/Harddisk) - but opposite to GP3SettingsManager dflash saves/rstores your firmware, but doesn´t save/restore your plugins and cam -files/-settings. But that´s not sooo bad.

-------------

For some reason I used Scam 3.60 instead of CCCam from Camfeed, but CCCam and all known Cams are on GP3 Camfeed.
Example config file installation via camfeed, too - useful in case one forgets correct folder for file(s) - install example files and edit them or replace them by stored own ones.
-------------

With dm8000hd and dm7020hd installation of oe2.0 cvs + GP3 + cam is no problem (other dreamboxes with less RAM may need external storage for EPG cache/picons, etc.)
So naveed68:), if you don´t use WLAN - you can fearlessly give OE2.0 a try now, already.

Important: After Flashing OE2.0 with WebIf (or DreamUp) onto your dreambox,
better DON´t restore old OE1.6 settings (although this option will get offered to you by SetupWizard)!
To avoid transfer of old problems into new installation, do everything manually - a clean new install (you may use your old softcam config-files, if you have any and may playback your User bouquets with DreamboxEdit/iDreamX).

Last edited:

Renard

Registered
You do not need GP3 to use softcam in OE2.0. In the plugins here in Sat Universe you find to install the Multicam- and also the SoftcamManager for OE2.0 and also Scam, Cccam amd Oscam as .ipk. If you install and restart E2, you find in Settings-Softcam Manager the Cams and you can start them with green button. Works well.
Regards, Renard

ararat

Yes - only for Softcam to work you don´t need GP3.
You can do with Multicam/Softcam Manager plugin (of which I read, they got the same installation packages inside).

Some functions (at least at this state of OE2.0 development) work better with GP3 - e.g. initialization of new hdd was reported by some users to have failed on OE2.0 but to have worked in blue panel. Some plugins seem to work better or different (e.g. EPG refresh). Last but not least - I hope for a new GP3SettingsManager plugin for OE2.0, that saves image + plugins + cam + camsettings like it did in OE1.6. (no comparable plugin without GP3 existed)

But indeed, new CVS OE2.0 has got lots of new functions - in addition with few plugins of own choice it´s very good even without GP3:).

Wrote my post above especially for naveed68 and still hesitating dreambox users to tell, there´s no need to hesitate with installation - maybe with SoftcamManager instead of GP3 it´s even easier - and all cams available for new image.

By the way - I just flashed my second dm8000hd (hostbox) - now both are on OE2.0 and work well:thum:.

Last edited:

maumixio

Staff member
Very bad experimental by my point of view in my 8000HD: only a lot of problems and incompatibilities, loosing many functions and system running very very slow. Some functions are not working too like UTube or Webbrowser and GP3 cannot be installed.
This is my experience... I'm going back to a safe Nemesis 2.6 in flash. Bad experience atm.

ararat

Partially true, maumixio:).

Yes, OE2.0 HBBTV is still slow (it is still called "Experimental Suite")- tried it for the first time, yesterday and it really needs to improve. HBBTV of my Philips tv set works better, but could improve, too.

New webbrowser - I don´t know- I´ll have a look today.

New mediaserver - won´t try - got no use for that, although I´ve got lots of network devices to send media to.

New videotext o.k. - better than old one.

In addition to DVD playback now Bluray playback plugin installable (installed it, but didn´t try, yet (only got slimline DVD writer inside my two boxes - but I read a report, that playback of Bluray structure on DVD media should be possible).

----

I can´t affirm that installation of GP3 is not possible, though.

You may have used old installation wizard, maumixio (it won´t install on OE2.0). OE2.0 works with GP3 v3.2 and in order to get that you must at least use GP3 installation wizard v. 0.16 (file attached - ftp it together with gp3 camfeed and dflash 4.7, if wanted, to /media/hdd and install with softwaremanager/local installation/harddisk) or you alternatively install the latest GP3 wizard with your webbrowser by executing the following command in address line (works on both OE1.6 and OE2.0):

http://YourDreamboxIP/ipkg?command=install&package=http://download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard.

Only for those who don´t know: GP3 installation wizard only installs a wizard plugin. Start this plugin from Dreambox menu "Plugins" (or "Extensions" ? - haven´t got english menu). The plugin downloads and installs GP3 Blue Panel online, so you need network connection.
---

I flashed two boxes with OE 2.0 + GP3 - both work o.k.. I did some recordings already - even 3D - new 3D plugin (should be available for OE1.6, too) works nicely:) (doubles dreambox menu when watching 3D broadcast - when setting tv set to 3D mode, you get one flawlessly readable dreambox menu).

---

My boxes seem to run stable (time will tell). I´m not dissatisfied at the moment:).
Only had one greenscreen on one of my two dm8000s during installation of my personal selection of seven plugins - it was my own fault - I had forgotten to first update the newly installed dreambox-image-dm8000-20120519.nfi image online. After online update, all selected plugins installed properly without greenscreen.

Last edited:

ararat

Tried webbrowser - worked - bit slow - didn´t find out, how to change page.

Tried youtube - you´re right:mecry:, maumixio:). No video and afterwards had to restart scam.
All too slow:rolleyes: - but HBBTV on my tv set isn´t fast and isn´t very stable, too. Seems that in dreambox OE2.0 two things come together: Not fully developped firmware unites with not fully developped HBBTV (both must improve).

Will always only try HBBTV and webbrowser after new OE2.0 firmware updates, but not use it on a daily base until performance is acceptable.

Rest of OE2.0 satisfies me (still bluray playback to test).

naveed68

Registered
thanks for the feedback arrat i might give it another go later
might need some help though i did get gp3 wizzard installed but only after updatig box first..

i will try again later tonight hope i get it right this time thanks again arrat for test and posting results i feel a bit more confident to try again now ill have a look later:thum:

ararat

One more hint:
After flashing OE2.0 CVS image and after SetupWizard - First get online-updates via "Settings/Softwaremanager/Softwareupdate".
Only afterwards install plugins. If you install plugins first, you may get greenscreen (if it happens - Restart - OnlineUpdate - Plugins).
:thum: