Intelsat 903 34.5° West - FOX News (signal in Europe)

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
because ,,QPSK'' ?
if on my receiver work 27w bbc, then should work Fox News at 34w?
You have a C Band LNB ??
if not then your not getting it .
i dont have a C Band LNB to test this channel like most peeps i only have KU Band LNB's on my Dishes .

mans PX?

Registered
yes I have c-band LNB, at moment on 11W , how realistic is with 130 or 145 cm parabola dish ,get 34W?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
I suppose you could try it is on the Global beam:

903-325.jpg

Even if I could go further than 15W. I don't think my 1.1/1.2m Televes would get it. But bigger is better (in this case) ;)

Good Luck!

valdek

Registered
Is anyone looking/watching? NSS 7 @ 20° West .
4096 R
DVB-S2/QPSK
MPEG-4
ACM/stream 0 16000 3/4 Fox News Channel

4178 R
DVB-S2/QPSK
MPEG-4
ACM/stream 0 20000 3/4 Fox News Channel

Lexzie

Registered
You cant get it . It is continous stream,even PC cards cant get a clear picture.
You're confused with the signal on Intelsat 10-02 (1W), that one is in multistream. With the right PC card you should be able to decode it (on a PC).

do someone have experience with 34w?
how strong signal in NorthEast Europe?
Refine "NorthEast Europe". Finland? Baltic states?

yes I have c-band LNB, at moment on 11W , how realistic is with 130 or 145 cm parabola dish ,get 34W?

The shown footprint are all the (hemi) beams together, not the global beam.
Global beam had a EIRP of max. 31 dBW, 145 cm won't be sufficient for that. (Source: Satbeams)

You'd best first try the Nutaaq(Greenland)-mux on this bird: 4045L,DVB-S2/QPSK,SR:13500,FEC:2/3. That signal should be strong enough in whole Europe. Or maybe the RTI channels (Ivory Coast), 3658R and 3676R,DVB-S,SR:3300/3220,FEC:3/4 on the East Hemi beam. If "NorthEast Europe" means Scandinavia, you could reveive those probably too. If elsewhere in Eastern Europe I guess not (with 135-145cm).

After that you peaked the dish to those signals you could try the global beam, but I won't give you much change.
But if you do receive the channel, please tell us here (and your location).

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
The shown footprint are all the (hemi) beams together, not the global beam.
Global beam had a EIRP of max. 31 dBW, 145 cm won't be sufficient for that. (Source: Satbeams)

The Coverage Map is from Flysat and as per the very clear words at the top of the image, it shows the Hemi, Zone & GLOBAL BEAMS, hence the circle/square at the edges of the image!!!!

Which are exactly the same as this at SatBeams.com :

empb uses Lyngsat, Flysat and King of Sat

Lexzie

Registered
The Coverage Map is from Flysat and as per the very clear words at the top of the image, it shows the Hemi, Zone & GLOBAL BEAMS, hence the circle/square at the edges of the image!!!!

Which are exactly the same as this at SatBeams.com :
The only thing I wanted to point out is that if you show a picture of all the beams together it is confusing, especially if there are no EIRP values in the footprint.
The picture is indeed from Flysat but resembles very much the "official" C-band footprint pictures from Intelsat which by the way do not mention the Global Beam:

903-325-Hemi.jpg
903-325-Zone.jpg

That's why I reffered to the picture on Satbeams which does mention the Global Beam apart from others.
In my opinion that is much more clear for the TS because EIRP is much, much lower than suggested.

satesco

Feed Hunter
Lexzie said:
Originally Posted by marval450 View Post
You cant get it . It is continous stream,even PC cards cant get a clear picture.
... With the right PC card you should be able to decode it (on a PC).

Marval 's right:the continous streams can not be seen clearly.To see them need a demodulator dedicated for this type of stream.
Here's what he looks like such a media stream:

mansPX said:
if on my receiver work 27w bbc, then should work Fox News at 34w?

Depends on the area in which you are,but you need an antenna of at least 1.5 m to catch signal to the limit and if FEC is still 1/2.I received FoxNews and other packets from 34.5 W last year with an antenna of 1.5 m: