LOF/L = 10.600
LOF/H = 10.600
Threshold = 10.700

etc

Sorry my knowlegde of quattro LNB is next to nothing :(

jezekilj

Registered
There is a progress on problem getting horizontals on quattro LNB

Finally I have succeeded to tune these high band Horizontal channels on 7W! But problem is still not closed.

I have tried all frequency combinations that I found on net. Nothing wokred. Then, I've perused this problem by google and look at the solutions that other suggested. All this would be faster if I have had internet but still I do not.

There was one man saying he resolved a problem by loosing f connector. I have set required channel by remote, I 've disconnected antenna cable on the back and connect only central coper wire to the box and channel worked!!!

I set the settings as on my TECHNOSAT [please refer to attached shots].

But I cannot get the picture back on the same channel ( signal is OK but not so strong as in the first place) if I change to another channel and again back to previous ( box is saying : "... Service could not be found...")

in two cases:

1) If I switch to another Vertical high band Freq on same sat ( 7W)

2) If I switch to Hotbird channel ( V or H)

So tuner is showing picture only if I swap between horizontal frequency channels on the same sat ( this is valid only to Nilesat)

Once I change to Vertical on 7 W or any other HB channel and if I want picture back on those Horizontals on 7 W I need to take cable out and connect again only central coper wire?!

Second Problem is following:

While I enjoy these Horizontal Frequency channels on 7W and I swap to Vertical Channel to 7 W then I cannot see this Vertical Channel ( - "... Service could not be found...") neither Horizontal again unless I reconnect antenna again

NOTE: All this happen as well if I have other settings on LOF/L{H} and other threshold like Universal LNB settings or even higher frequencies for threshold

Please advice what to do and why such awkward behavior?

Last edited:

jezekilj

Registered
I have resolved all problems and back to usable environment

1. First I have done Factory reset
2. Then I set only one satellite using all three set to 10600
3. Then I set DiSeqC to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,AA,AB,AB,BA,BB respectively each time doing factory reset and searching on 7W
4. I have noticed that on DiSeqC set to command 1 it finds only Verticals and if set on 3 ?! it finds only Horizontals
5. I ve performed search going back to DiSeqC set as command 1
6. Then I added imaginary satellite 18W and set it as DiSeqC 3 and manually entered all Horizontal frequencies which resulted in locking and finding all channels
7. Now I can switch and use all programs having 18W and 7W
If nobody knows why this happen and how it works now since my route problem is resolved I would like to close this thread

cannon_29

Registered
Here are some settings for SMATV UC-202
DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER
The digital satellite bouquets have a main transponder in which there is a Network Information Table (NIT).
This NIT is a list of all the transponders of the bouquet with their frequency, polarity and band. Some digital
satellite receivers use this NIT to store all the data of the bouquet.
If we change the frequency of the transponders, the Network Interface Table (NIT) of the main transponder of
the digital satellite bouquet is no longer useful. So, the receivers for IF processing installations need to scan the
whole IF band to detect which are the transponders of the bouquet instead of using the NIT.
For a digital satellite receiver to work with the UC-202 – IF to IF processor, there are two options:
Option 1
If the digital satellite receiver has a SCAN, the receiver will scan the whole IF band, and find automatically the
transponders of the bouquet.
Option 2
A receiver with a manual tuning will do the work. Instead of tuning the main transponders and reading the NIT
table, the installer has to manually store the new frequencies of all the transponders of the bouquet.
This system is already implemented in free to air receivers and also in some Common Access Interface
receivers. It will take about 5 minutes to store all the frequencies manually.
Remember that the frequencies that we are programming in the individual receiver are satellite frequencies,
not IF frequencies. To do it correctly, we have to add to the IF frequency (the output frequency of the IF
processor) the value of the local oscillator (L.O.) of the LNB (programmed in the digital receiver). That is,
9.750 MHz. for Low Polarity transponders and 10.600 MHz for High Polarities.