Help - problem getting horizontals on quattro LNB

jezekilj

Registered
Hi

I ve moved to another place where dish(es) are slightly differently setup than it was in my old place.

I ve only changed LNB priority as I now have three instead two satellite dishes.

Problem is as follows:

DM 7020 with Gemini1 4.70 cannot locate approximately 20% of transponders like 12303H 74500 3/4 on 7W
It shows BER and it wont locate them.

This occurs as well if I am using Gemini2 4.40 image on same box.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Transponders that I could not locate with DREAMBOX are above 12 000 MgHz although some above 12 000 MgHz are located

On another side using simple cheap TECHNOSAT with settings on LNB 10600 MgHz instead Universal - it is capable to locate and find all these transponders with same system?

What shall I do - reload satelites.xml or whole settings?
Which one is best? I need 13 E; 26 E and 7W.

I do not have internet yet so I would FTP them if necessary but which tool to use?
Thanks in advance . Any experience is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

jezekilj

Registered
Thanks Ferret

I know next:

When this was originally setup by company that maintains the system in the building they used Technosat.

They said only 13 E is on universal LNB and they set it like this
For 7W and 26E they said that I must use 10600 as parameter in LNB and then they did set it like this on mentioned receiver - so all channels were located.

I am also confused because universal means 10600 MgHz and I do not understand why it is working when I put 10600 and not universal.

However, all I've mentioned above is valid for Technosat.

While in dm7020 nothing helps

I ll try to place these settings in folder and let you know.

Shall I delete all saved channels before doing so?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Deleting channels might be a idea just so you know whats scanned in is from the new satellite.xml

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
Ferret,

just remind me - how to delete those channels from back-end?

where are they located/saved?

I am planning to delete both bouquets and channels

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Deleting channels on such a large scale would require a factory reset, bear in mind if you did this you would loose all all use setting configs the lot.

Or you could use a PC based channel editor to delete them with no loss of user settings.

If that is to much for you just try a rescan with the new satellite.xml and then press the OK button then green i think for the satellite list then scroll the the folder named new for each sat you scanned and it will show you the new channels it has found.

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
Thanks Ferret,

I understand your point . But I did not told you about my bouquets. They already have saved these channels that are not located now. I am just afraid they will not be saved as new unless I delete my favorites. Because they are already in favorites and probably some in channel list..

I am confused but I did remember that I have read somewhere that this should be cleaned in such cases in order to refresh the data so the system is not confused what is new or not?

Could you verify that?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you just do a rescan it will not effect any user bouquets you have just the channel settings base if that make sence.

Just try a rescan mate im sure you'll be fine if your that worried backup your current channel settings you have now with Dreamboxedit or Dreamset. You can always put them back then.

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
I ll do that first but in case this does not work:

Could you advice if factory reset will delete CCCAM.cnfg file?

Shall I save it first or not.

This is only I need - I do not care much about other settings as I make cccam work with original ART card and I do not want to loose it

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes mate

A factory rest will remove any user settings and reverted your image back to a just flashed state. That includes configs such as the CCcam one. But again you can backup that config via FTP with DCC or other FTP program.

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
I ve done the following:

added satellites.xml to var/etc
rebooted
rescanned

nothing - still those channels I could not lock are not locked

but channels were available in channel list ( form my previous searches when I was able to lock them on other satellite system

Then I have performed factory reset

done the same
result is same - I cannot lock those channels and they are not deleted form channels list neither.

Please advise... I can lock those channels with other receiver in the same system.

Settings I am using is non-standard user config

Strange is that 13E is only working with A/B LNB setup and nilesat and badr only with 1 and 2 option but not as AA nor BA combinations...

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Now im confused

You state you are just missing some channels and not all. It that correct? If so your switch is working correct and it is more likely to be a LNB config issue not scanning the band correctly.

Are you now saying you don't get any channels from Nilesat & Badr?

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
Sorry for making confusion.

Just to re-confirm - situation is the same : I still can get some of channels ( approx 80%) - below 12000 MgHz mostly and some above 12000 MgHz as well.

But 7W ADD ( ART package or OSN ) package I cannot get some above 12 000 MgHz

I can switch between those three satellites but the problem is I still cannot lock some of transponders.

On another receiver I can lock all those channels.

When I said "those channels" I refer to previous post and I refer to channels I cannot lock which are 20% of nilesat approximately.

now since satellites.xml did not helped I strongly believe it is all about LNB set up but I need help. I have tried lots of combinations and it failed.

Here are the settings:

On TECHNOSAT ( where everything is working fine:

LNB 1 - Universal Hotbird 13E 22MgHz Off Voltage 13 V
LNB 2 - 10600MgHz 7W 22MgHz Off Voltage 13 V
LNB 3 - 10600MgHz 26E 22MgHz Off Voltage 13 V

=============================================================
On DM7020:

LNB0 - Hotbird 13E 22MgHz Hi/Lo V LNB 10600 input A/B disec 1.0
LNB 1 - 7W 22MgHz Hi/Lo V LNB 10600 input 1 disec 1.0
LNB 2 - 26 E 22MgHz Hi/Lo V LNB 10600 input 2 disec 1.0

=============================================================

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate

Please tell us the type of none universal LNB's which are in use for Badr and Nilesat. This is the key to us solving this problem.

You alo have you universal LNB set to 13V on the Technosat!

It should be 13/18v

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
It is 13/18v acctually - this is the settings

For type of non universal settings company supporting this system just told me to put 10600 MgHz and it will be fine - which is the case with Technosat.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate

Im guessing here as i dont know your LNB type.

On the Dreambox remote

Menu-setup-servic searching motor sat configuration highlight LNB1 and press ok

And set it up like this

LOF/L = 10.600
LOF/H = 10.600
Threshold = 10.600

Then do the same for LNB 2

Try a scan and let me know.

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
Interesting suggestion. I ll try it

Because I left it as default on:

LOF/L = 9.750
LOF/H = 10.600
Threshold = 11.700

Since on Technosat there is only one field to change I understood equivalent field in DM would be LOF/H...

will let you know

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Oh also turn of the Hi/Lo setting as that is for switching between bands.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting suggestion. I ll try it

Because I left it as default on:

LOF/L = 9.750
LOF/H = 10.600
Threshold = 11.700

will let you know

That setting would be ok for universal LNB.

Ferret

jezekilj

Registered
Just one important note:

When I played with many combinations I never reboot.Sometimes my savings did nto took effect...

Shall I reboot after changing LNB settings and before rescanning?