newbie question

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I would leave the PC IP as it is and use 1 higher for the DM IP.

But this will be a pain mate lol

Ferret

axel

Registered
im back. and have full broadband(ya hoo), now im connected to router with yellow patch cable from dreambox. filezilla still wont connect. problem i no is ip address,,im using laptop. ip is 84..... and dream is 192.... how can i get them to communicate ..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

What the routers IP range? 192.168.*.***?

What ever that is.

Got to Menu-setup-expert setup communications.

First of all tick DHCP ( We will set a static when the Dream get some Info off router)

After DHCP is applied reboot router and DM

then go back to Menu-setup-expert setup communications

Use the IP you see there in Filezilla and with user = root pass=dreambox if you have not changed it also select port 23.

Try that.

Ferret

axel

Registered
your a star.. not at home now but check it later . will get backto you, thanks again.. better get back to day job.

axel

Registered
dont no what im doing wrong m8..communication setup ip 192.168.0.24,,,, netmask 255.255.255.0 nameserver 192.168.1.25,, gateway 192.168.0.1 type=lan ,,port 80,, network enable..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
change the namserver to the same as the gateway with the remote 192.168.0.1 save then try to reconnect with DCC

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
tick the DHCP box save and reboot then see what ip it gives you now, enter that ip and see if it connects.

axel

Registered
did that ,gettin green connect line to dreambox and router.. but after few seconds line to dreambox login failed..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i have seen this before, if you have green from router to dreambox, just click on ftp and see if you can see your dreambox folders in the left hand panel.

axel

Registered
only green from laptop to router red to dreambox... would it help if i did factory reset and start from scratch .sorry for being a noob

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i dont think its an image problem, its a network prob check username and password are correct root dreambox default.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you did briefly get a green line to the DM with a login failed message then Brummie is correct it is your login details that is incorrect.

Just power down the router nad the Dreambox then power backup open DCC and make sure your have root & dreambox for user and pass.

Try reconnect.

Ferret

axel

Registered
ya network connection allright.. i better start double check everything.. thing is im new to this router.. seems the problem is dreambox .

axel

Registered
ok i seem to be making bit of progress at long last,, i have made contact.. telnet connected, ftp connected, dream 500 connected.... o boot manager = not found,, help again

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
just click on ftp and i am prety sure you should see the dreambox folders in the left panel

axel

Registered
thanks brummie.. now i want to load newcamd into this dreambox 500t i have here, want to get ntl rom card working for experience

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
pass mate i know nothing about cable, apart from it going very soon, some birmningham boxes down today

axel

Registered
im on mmds still, listen thanks for all the help. i will mess around for while ..

axel

Registered
just like to say thanks to ferretand brummie for yer help,, i got 6 games on box now for my kid,tru addons. the dreambox really is a dream.. i have 500s but im going to keep messing about till i no enough about these boxes.