How to upload new Image in 9000HD???

drjokic

Registered
Thx xxxAxxx today i got ip box 9000 and this is my first linux reciver. I will have some queastion later hope someone will help me

kewell79

Registered
first upload the image via usb official r6844...
then make a scan for channels .....
read your db.dat over pc editor beta7 and save ...

upload the image sifteam 0.0.4_r6844

upload the db.dat and reboot ....
you should not get the error 79...

looks to me that you dont have a ipbox 9000?

the reason it gets error 79, it because its very important to rename db.dat to db.dat.edited and then reboot

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
let me ask you then how long you have the box if you know so much....???

and why you need to rename the db.dat file...???

kewell79

Registered
let me ask you then how long you have the box if you know so much....???

and why you need to rename the db.dat file...???

i have had my box 1-2 months and i read many forums :thum:

Save your /var/db.dat ..when installation ends:
..recopy it, with name db.dat.edited
and restart decoder.

you have to do this on newest firmmwares, or you could/will end up with an error on box

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
looks you stiil in the start m8...i have the box when you heard abouth this box from that time....

reading helps but do you know what you read they tested them selfs???or they will say thinks to make you tested not them cos in the end if there will be a mistake you sucked not them

testing other think...and other world m8..

now why you need to do what you sad only newest frimwares----cos db.dat will be old version ..box gets error cos on start up finds 2 the same db.dat file this way you rename it to make the diffrent .....all you need to do just replace with the old one...no need to rename....

i know you other forums why you dont stick your playstaion m8.....will help more ....

Optik

Registered
Is it possible to flash rom to IPBox 9000+ via Network from my PC? I do not want to unplug my box in order to flash it. ( i had dreambox before and did not have to do the unpluging)
Thanks!

Sotiris70

Registered
Yes, open Pceditor, first you add receiver (at options-->PCeditor settings-->manage receivers-->add receiver-->name ) and then fix ip (at options-->PCeditor settings-->receiver--> name u given)

To flash image via Network go to tools-->flash image-->name u given

Optik

Registered
Thanks, tryed it. But getting an error
Telnet connect faild.
Trying to ping IPBox getting positive message.
Reading chanal list OK
Flash- error
What could it be?
Thank you!!!

levi45

Registered
hi my probs wihft 9000hd is i getting error10 when trying to usb upgraed be 4 it was ok till i have dawnload the usb_uboot any help please thanks....

Last edited:

levi45

Registered
and allso how to upload ipk file on to the 9000hd box. i have connect to the box via webif ihave copy the ipk file to the my tmp on my pc when trying to send file to the box by webif file cand be found connection all ok wifht box just cand found the file in tmp on my pc any help please thanks....

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
error10 cos you useing worng button....after u flash your box uboot you cant use the same key functions ///////usb update mode do like this

press and hold power button untill you see on the display usb
update...

first u must connect to your box via FTP program...... then send the addon file in to tmp folder/// after you must login to abcom webif then install...

levi45

Registered
thanks i m now flashing the box via usb thanks again i will try the addon on to morrong i will let you know have i get it on ......

levi45

Registered
hi i m trying to send the addon ipk file to the box as you said now
install ipk
manual
manual
ipkg: invalid magic
msg comes please help xxxAxxx
thanks...

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
what ftp program are you useing??????

or pls download from our forum total commander or flashfxp...

invalid comes cos you did not transfer the ipk addon to your box...to tmp folder...

levi45

Registered
hi i have used the flash fxp and then now this msg come up
install ipk
manual
manual
Couldnt wait ?Upgrading addon on root from version to version-9000HD...
Couldnt wait ?Upgrading addon on root from version to version-9000HD...
Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Upgrading addon on root from version to version-9000HD...
Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Upgrading addon on root from version to version-9000HD...
Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Upgrading addon on root from version to version-9000HD...
Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Couldnt wait ?Configuring addon
Rebooting...
and then reboot the box wats next please thanks...xxxAxxx