Best LNB

RimaNTSS

Registered
There are lots of Best LNBs on the market, for example here http://www.best-de.tv/en/19/203.htm
Or by "best" you mean something else? If you about best performance then LNB itself can not get any reception of satellite signals, also satellite antenna is needed. Or by "best" LNB you mean "the cheapest one"?
I think Inverto is good LNB for your sat system and only way how to increase performance is to install bigger dish.
That is all INHO.

RimaNTSS

Registered
much more sensitive
Tricky questions: How much more sensitive? On which antennas tests were made? Can you answer in couple of words like "IBU is performing 5% better than Inverto Issential on any offset antenna!"
I also like IBU, made many comparison tests with it, but still struggling to answer those tricky questions :)

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
This is the Best LNB on the Market Today
Golden Media Twin LNB 0.1dB as in my attached picture
Best Performance with very marginal weak feeds :thum:

The Ice-Crypt LNB 0.1dB is my 2nd Choice LNB
Followed by 3rd I.B.U [ Inverto Black Ultra ]

slayer7

Donating Member
golden media 202+

can confirm the 202+ golden media model is best, i bought it the other day off of barneys advice. i was getting probably around 0.75 db to 1.0 db more than the inverto black ultra lnb!!

thanks barney!!

antrabe

Registered
i have inverto black ultra then is good to change for this golden? maybe in feeds its ok 1db
for one single output model 201s + has the same performance?

Last edited:

bol@nov

Registered
This is the Best LNB on the Market Today
Golden Media Twin LNB 0.1dB as in my attached picture
Best Performance with very marginal weak feeds :thum:

The Ice-Crypt LNB 0.1dB is my 2nd Choice LNB
Followed by 3rd I.B.U [ Inverto Black Ultra ]

I need the best small twin LNB, is that you 2nd choice?

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
I have tested the twin & single Golden media in the last few weeks & found that the Inverto Black Ultra single was slightly better on my equipment Lnb batches do vary also it depends on your tuner sensitivity & compatibility with the Lnb,

So the best way to find out yourself is to buy a couple of Lnb's mentioned here by barney115 & myself to see what best suits your set up as the information given here in good faith is only a guide,

If you need more signal then fit a bigger dish as most of the current batch of Lnb's are very good compared to what I was using 10 years ago.

Last edited:

ufeedo

Registered
octagon optima twin PLL
inverto black ultra
best PLL LNBs!,no LNB achieves these models!!!
rest world lnb is scrap!

slayer7

Donating Member
mistake

oops just done another test and it seems the inverto lnb is better by approximately 0.5 db than the golden media. cant understand how they could be different in first test, can only think it was temperature. i have read that lower temperatures are better for lnbs but still doesnt make sense to my mistake. i did skew the lnbs for maximum strength too. it makes no sense.

i does seem to me the golden media is more stable though in wind or rain and less pixelation.

was looking at the new inverto pro range has anyone tried them?

also is it better if conversion gain is lower or higher. as most of them range between 45 and 65 db?