Wobbly motor arm

aerosmith

Registered
Looks like I'm going to have to purchase a new motor before long so any recommendations greatly appreciated. Every sat I go to I have to trim on control to get good signal. Loose movement from east to west and also up and down on motor shaft. Very annoying.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
How big is the dish ?

If around the 1meter mark and you want a diseqc motor.

Go with a stabb mount. Mines done 16 years to date.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Technomate TM 2600 H-H Disecq Motor
very good reliable motor been using it for a very long time on my Triax TD88cm dishes with zero issues .

it will drive 1 meter Gibertini dish aswell as my neighbour has this set up for years and never any problem with wind or movement at all .
Please write what size dish you have ??

murgy

Registered
Technomate TM 2600 H-H Disecq Motor wont go far wrong have mysen brillant bit of kit

aerosmith

Registered
I should have said, 1metre. Just annoying I have to slightly trim in every sat thats set up. Cost is an issue, don't want to overspend. Strong winds around here at times. Have had 70-80mph gusts.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Same Here even higher winds than 70-80mph ...but do'nt buy absolute crap even IF money is an issue its just not a worthwhile idea .

buy a New Technomate TM 2600 H-H Disecq Motor
you will get it for around £42 - £45
or €64 its not hard to find one brand new for that price ,
to be honest you wont find anyone saying anything negative about this motor it really is a genuine good reliable motor and built to last years of poor weather and will drive your dish around for many a year im certain of that .
Good luck : )

aerosmith

Registered
This is one I was looking at and quite a reasonably priced. I'll take your advice also there was a darkmotor that I saw as well which wasn't too expensive. As long as they last say 5 years and reliable then I'm quite happy.