BISS for C-Band. What Box?

csell

Registered
Hi.

Can you recomend a SAT Receiver to receive the different sport channels from AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E ?
They are all in the C Band. I read the BISS again and again in this forum.

Regards.

mdt

VIP
if the channels you are after are biss encrypted and the key is available then something like a technomate tm5402hd/dr-hd d15 is much easier for using keys than a dreambox,regards mdt

Blackman1948

Registered
Hi.

Can you recomend a SAT Receiver to receive the different sport channels from AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E ?
They are all in the C Band. I read the BISS again and again in this forum.

Regards.
Openbox S16 or Openbox S10.
The 16 is easy to add and EDIT the keys so that would be my best choice. and both are cheap to buy on eday

csell

Registered
Thank for all your answers. I am sure all the suggested SAT receivers are easy to enter BISS into.

But this channels are received in the C Band on 3.625–4.200 GHz.

And not in the more commen Ku band 11.2 GHz to 14.5 GHz.

How many of the suggested SAT Receivers can both receive the C Band and be entered BISS into?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know all the mentioned receivers can do C-Band.

You just set the LO (local oscillator) setting in the menus. eg in my Technomate TM7102 my Ku-Band is on Tuner 1 with LO settings LNB Type Universal and LNB freq 9.750 / 10.600 (ie Ku Universal Extended Band LNB) and my C-Band on Tuner 2 with LO settings LNB Type Single and LNB Freq 5.150.

But the truth is even if you get a receiver without these LO functions in the menu you just have to convert the frequency instead.

And have you checked you can receive 100.5E ? And that your Dish is big enough for the transmissions you want (see attachment below). Here are the Footprints (Flysat states their is an Asia and SouthAsia C-Band Beam but their link to the official footprint only has the following):

footprint_sat_05pop.jpg

The Technomate has a Biss/CW table that up to 40 keys can be entered into and a CI slot so a CAM that supports Biss can also be used (eg Dragon, Diablo) and also supports CCCam and Newcamd.......

Blackman1948

Registered
Thank for all your answers. I am sure all the suggested SAT receivers are easy to enter BISS into.

But this channels are received in the C Band on 3.625–4.200 GHz.

And not in the more commen Ku band 11.2 GHz to 14.5 GHz.

How many of the suggested SAT Receivers can both receive the C Band and be entered BISS into?
I have no problems with the Openbox S16 or S10. If an idiot like me can do it you will be able to do it. The openboxs don't care if its ku or cband. The AZBox I'm pulling my hair out at the moment and it seems very few know how to add keys manually and to get them to work

csell

Registered
Hi.

I am going to Thailand for 4-6 months next winter and is investingating the possibility to se Sports from SAT.

I read on the AsiaSat webpage:

'AsiaSat 5’s C-band footprint covers more than 53 countries spanning from Russia
to New Zealand and from Japan to the Middle East and parts of Africa'

And on the same Asia Sat 5 page:

'C-band
EIRP : 41 dBW max.'

On a C-Band table do I se that 41 dBW requere min a 90-115 cm dish.
But I expect that 41 dBW is the max signal strenght from Asia Sat 5.
May be it will be lower in Thailand?
And require a larger dish?

Can anybody tell me what LNB to look at?

Regards.