Biss in TM5402hdm3

Coastman

Registered
Recently my tm5402m3 had a few problems so replaced it with a new one. Have put in the latest patch without softcam and my own channel list from the other receiver but my question is does anyone know if there is a way for the biss keys channels to clear straight away instead of having to put them in manually again as the biss line number does correspond with the channel from the old list with the correct keys. Even re-inputting the keys on the same number does not work only if put on another biss number. i know that pv and t have to be input again but as i said the biss side i seem to think there was a way of doing it which was put in later patches but maybe it is the same receiver only which clear straight away on firmware updates. Hope this all makes sense.

amdade

Registered
I have edited them on the PC using a USB stick with the .key file uploaded. Turn the .key file into a .txt and use text editor or similar, then once done change back to a .key and download in to the reciever. Think you have to manually point the channel at each line you pasted using 8280.

Hope helps a little

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Loading new patch software does nothing whatsoever to affect BISS Keys !!
only PowerVU/Tandberg !
most recent patch from few days ago was a failure i'm afraid and there was no need whatsoever to load it as it has nothing new in it whatsoever : )

Still waiting for a new working Patch for Tandberg... !!
cheers !

Coastman

Registered
Appreciate the help amdade and barney it was more to do with the new 5402m3 that i have and putting on my channel list from my other tm5402m3 receiver with the biss keys that were working on that one not clearing without putting in manually on the new one.It seems that they will only transfer over to the same receiver when inputting the channel list after a firmware update.
On the other point about the new test patch lets hope a fix will be done soon am sure all tm owners would be very thankful.

amdade

Registered
Coastman think you have to go and "pick" the biss key when on the channel in question. for example point antenna and receiver to ESPN Caribbean push 8280, scroll down the list till you find the saved key in the list, exit and save. I usually have sat-universe on the iPad to double check I have selected the right key :) (Assuming you already have the right key in the list)

Telstar 12 @ 15°W 12737 H 7553

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=257760&page=4

Last edited: