A new STB from Duolabs is coming: QBOX

The QBOX is going to bite the Sat scene....It's almost ready. In Duolabs new factory (at Bassano del Grappa, Italy) Dario Tolio (Duolabs Chief Engineer) so introduces the new STB:

"QBOX is the name of the Set Top Box and it's really something new. It is a Linux based decoder powered from the chip Ibm 2500 250 Mhz kernel 2.6.17 - external alimentation 12 volt and with size of 6 x 23 x 15 cm. (it's really very small). The box own a lot of extra features if compared to the main competitors like DB 500-600 Ipbox or other Linux based STB:

1) wireless integrated
2) internal HD 2,5
3) Sharp tuner blind scan
4) twin tuner dtt dvb
5) Diablo inside (compatible to the Diablo emulator support) so you don't need anymore to update the VAR-Key with a Ftp program...you will be able to update the Diablo emulator with a specific file from Stealth Team using USB-Wireless or Ethernet
6) Enigma OSD: it means that you'll have all the stuff you have actually in a Dreambox or another Enigmabox (g.box, cccam, etc.). But in this box you'll have more than the gbox emulator or other. In fact you'll have also a Diablo emulator upgradable using USB pen, serial or Ethernet without using a FTP program. This option can to be usefull in order to use the box without any ADSL connection, using the Stealth Team support
7) recording with an external USB disk
8 ) 3 USB ( one in front panel for fast connection to media USB, one on the back panel for external HD , and a mini USB for connection with a PC) and 2 card readers
9) Ethernet
10) streaming delayer
11) 2 scart (one can be used like component) and 1 RCA
12) safe boot memory (you can't damage the bootloader)

The box will be on the market next January for a price around 250 Euro.
In Duolabs projects there is also a DVB S-2 STB (QBOX HD)...but it will be ready for March or April of next year. Also this project own several exclusives extra features...but it is too early to talk about that".

ReGaRdS

mtrfckr

Registered
nice, but it would have been better to have the non-HD now for christmas and the HD ready ASAP!!!
I would love to buy a linux based hd receiver right now!!!

nonick

Registered
nice, but it would have been better to have the non-HD now for christmas and the HD ready ASAP!!!
I would love to buy a linux based hd receiver right now!!!

The Kati 910 is linux based and with the latest software it finally rocks, put a diablo inside and you have an excellent system.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
The Kati 910 is linux based and with the latest software it finally rocks, put a diablo inside and you have an excellent system.

Yeah, but it doesn't support diseqc1.2 which is not acceptable for any receiver these days.

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
qboxxk9.jpg

it's realy small for all that aplication on the board smart card,diablo cam,lan,and open sources i think this size will effect to main chip will get to hot after same time and also if you put a smart card also can be damage after same time of heating bent the card and also how @rock sad not support 1.2 will be problem will se maybe this's a just a beta one good luck to them..

maximo

Super VIP
qboxxk9.jpg

it's realy small for all that aplication on the board smart card,diablo cam,lan,and open sources i think this size will effect to main chip will get to hot after same time and also if you put a smart card also can be damage after same time of heating bent the card and also how @rock sad not support 1.2 will be problem will se maybe this's a just a beta one good luck to them..
i think there is a mistake here
rocknroll was talking about kati910 mate
the qbox supports diseqc1.2 and i really dont think the size will make differenze on the overheating

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
i think there is a mistake here
rocknroll was talking about kati910 mate
the qbox supports diseqc1.2 and i really dont think the size will make differenze on the overheating

Any idea when it will be on a market ?

maximo

Super VIP
dunno the official release date but i know the guys are testing it right now so i think a couple of days now. Here some picture kindly offered from °°))Il_PrEsIDe((°°

maximo

Super VIP
and more spec:
The box own a lot of extra features comparated to the competitors like DB 500-600 Ipbox or other STB linux based:
1)wireless integrated
2)internal hd 2,5
3)Sharp tuner blind scan
4)twin tuner dtt dvb
5)diablo inside(compatible the Diablo emulator support)so you don't need anymore to update the VAR-Key with a ftp program...you will be able to update the Diablo emulator with a specific file from Stealth team using USB-Wireless-or Ethernet
7)enigma osd
8)recording with an external USB disk
9)3 usb ( one in front panel for fast connection to media usb, one on the back panel for external HD , and a mini usb for connection with a pc)
2 card readers
10)ethernet
11)streaming delayer
12)2 scart (one can be used like component)and 1 rca
13)safe boot memory (you can't damage the bootloader)

drahcirk03

Registered
the one shown ,is it the hd model, if it is i want one now,.
just bin told hd out in may/june,.

Last edited:

proteus

Registered
Does anyone know when this stb will be released to the public please?................Regards N.