Struggling with a SkyBox F5S @ 45MS/s

Arkon299

Registered
Hey,

I'm trying to handle the 44MS/s DVB-S2 QPSK carrier on I907 with a SkyBox F5S.

The F5S appears to 'lock', I get a green quality line of 73%, then when asked to 'scan', it does not read any channels. I have a feeling this is because the Network PID tables are not there or are not properly DVB compliant, which would be seriously stupid.

The F5S allegedly is capable of DVB-S2 8PSK and 16APSK, so I was hopeful it would handle high Symbol rate carriers.

I have a SatLink sat-meter which does lock AND last month, it read correctly the PIDs from the stream and was very happy, however a rescan today resulted in the stream data being read as 'radio' streams. Someone has been playing....

Could anyone confirm that the F5S is capable of DVB-S2 QPSK / 8PSK / 16APSK at 45MS/s odd ? Anyone know of another 45MS/s DVB-S2 carrier somewhere on a satellite over Europe to test ?

Also, does anyone know how to manually add VPIDs and APIDs using on-screen menus on the F5S or can this only be achieved with a channel editor on a PC and then upload it.

Cheers everyone,

Arkon.

Arkon299

Registered
Ah....BBC [email protected] Chat

OK. I've been reading the "BBC [email protected] Chat" thread.

Scrambling the PMT, is that legit ? It's totally dumb, but then who ever said certain companies were well run and made coherent decisions. Or as DVB members complied with the agreed specifications and operating norms ?

If I get any further with the Skybox F5S, on this I907 feed I'll post it over on that thread.

I might tear-down this F5S, if I do I'll post the results here.

Cheers,

Arkon.