Nilesat in Greece

JV16Bar

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm new here (so far I was in read only mode), i searched the forum and did not find answer to my question.
I live in Romania, and I'm interested in catching stable signal from 7W position, mainly Nilesat 201 satellite.
In my position (centre of Romania) it's not possible, altough I have a reception report from Bucharest area (which is more to South), stable reception with a 3m dish, no signal with 1,6m.

I wonder how the signal is in the Northern part of Greece (Θεσσαλονίκη - Καβάλα area). I would appreciate very much if somebody would send me a reception report from that area. For example TP 12130V would be fine which is one of the weakest frequency here.

thanks.

Last edited:

JV16Bar

Registered
Do you know if it works in Romania ?

As I said before, in Bucharest area (the Southern part of Romania) reception is possible with a 3m dish, and there is no signal with a 1.6m one.

I know the official coverage beams, but those aren't very precise in fringe areas.
So I would like to know if there is someone from Greece (or Southern part of Bulgaria) who tried to receive Nilesat 201.

LoginX

Donating Member
As I said before, in Bucharest area (the Southern part of Romania) reception is possible with a 3m dish, and there is no signal with a 1.6m one.

I know the official coverage beams, but those aren't very precise in fringe areas.
So I would like to know if there is someone from Greece (or Southern part of Bulgaria) who tried to receive Nilesat 201.

1.8 - 2M in any case not 3 m.
3 m in south you need for UK Beam.