LNB for Channel Master Dish

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I've been given a 1.2m Channel Master dish with mount, dish arms, lnb etc.

The lnb is a Norsat GM-6932 and is very old by the look of it. It also has the original feedhorn.

Is there anything I can buy so that I can use a black ultra lnb instead of what is on it at the moment?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
If its an offset 1.2M Channel master Dish like what i have THEN YOU CAN GET 40MM Pastic Clamps as shown in below pic attached
it wont be a hassel to fit an offset LNB ..at least i had no issues ,
good luck :thum:

RimaNTSS

Registered
I went further with the developing of LNB holder for Channel Master dishes. Now it is universal for 1m-1,2m-1,8m and 2,4m offset dishes and also any LNB (Ka, Ku, C-band) can be placed in the focus of the dish.

Diavolo

VIP
I went further with the developing of LNB holder for Channel Master dishes. Now it is universal for 1m-1,2m-1,8m and 2,4m offset dishes and also any LNB (Ka, Ku, C-band) can be placed in the focus of the dish.

hi mate i have channel master 2.4 , i need the 42 /23 mm is any place too bay ?

RimaNTSS

Registered
Sorry @Diavolo, somehow I missed your posts. There is collage I've made for 1.2m, 1.8m and 2.4m Channel Master antennas. Red digits represent all needed dimensions for 2.4m dish.

Diavolo

VIP
Thanks RimaNTSS

hi mate i just receive the parcel today very profesional product , thankyou very much :thum:excellent job super Top Man , i will set up the dish 2.4 channel master this summer

tech1010

Registered
hi diavolo...i need your help regarding focal length and arms length of 2.4 channel master parabloic dish...regards

RimaNTSS

Registered
@tech1010 I do not have CM 2.4m yet, but have collected some information about it. The position of the focal point you can find in this collage, which I've made more or less universal for all CM dishes. Basically, the length of the feedarms could be very different, the main idea is that LNB becomes placed in the position that it's phase-center is co-located with the the focal point of the antenna.

RimaNTSS

Registered
if posssible pls share focal length details
Of course it is possible! But it depends on what you mean by the "focal length" ! Position of the focal point of the 2.4m CM antenna is 1651mm from the "G" point of the antenna.
Do you fully understand the collage I've attached to my previous message?