Freesat V8 Golden combo testing

manic01

Super VIP
Freesat V 7 HD for less than £20 del does auto update on Tandberg also.
Confirmed on another forum.

Francescone

Which firmware are you using William? As I mentioned above I reverted to 483 because I had no audio on most channels with 499.

eaglehawk

Registered
I had the same problem on the V8 super.
with v500 firmware no audio on many channels.
They seem to have fixed it with the latest release though V504.
It however seems to lock the box up on iptv streaming.

toxnaija

Registered
Hi guys, I decided to migrate my cccam cline to my Golden V8 from my dying Spiderbox, but it has been showing CONNECTING instead of ECM READY. It works perfectly on the Spiderbox. I tried wifi and ethernet, no luck. I put in all the provider details correctly. What could be wrong?

Francescone

Anyone tested new V8 PRO2 branded GTMedia? Very few information in Europe about this new box, and I would like to know REAL differences between V8 Golden and new one? Thanks.

toxnaija

Registered
I am trying to move all my old Spiderbox stuff to Golden V8. I have a little challenge with moving to Thor 0.8w fully as it doesn't get to the full strength position for all transponders there. I can't tweak it manually on the V8, unlike the Spiderbox, which is very easy to tweak. All the channels are pre-loaded. I am using usal and it is working well with all the positions except Thor. Which figures do you suggest I put in the local longitude and latitude in the motor antenna for the UK midlands? They are currently on 000.00E and 00.00N

toxnaija

Registered
Only ones you can put in are your location

Thanks. I will put the right parameters, but how do I manually tweak usal on V8 to be in the strongest position? I get there when I enable the limit but it goes back to the weak position automatically when I disable it to move the dish. I hope the right parameters will solve this. I will send a feedback ASAP.

Last edited:

toxnaija

Registered
Thanks Rickk and manic01. The parameters worked like magic. The usal picks every location with precision now!