Sky uk SD black screen

Spire2zz

Registered
I am amazed how these members with very little previous input into the forum have come to life now UK channels have been lost

Im Not. It's a major development. Security and media analysts will be interested in this. I doubt consumers of pirate tv will care as they can just switch to an illegal iptv service.

Spire2zz

Registered
There are receivers with sti cpu out there. You need to look at the older receivers.
STi5516

Are these confirmed still working with the sd channels that are not working with non official sly reciever? Also do these stb work with the sly hd channels that are said to be paired some time ago?

sandy55

Registered
There are receivers with sti cpu out there. You need to look at the older receivers.
STi5516
maybe for sd but not for hd
some of specific sti cpu certified for videoguard offcourse should manage icam aswell
this countermeasures are set against money factories not small hobby people who would wants to share their card beetwen family
cs in europe is almost death there is growing new technology like iptv so just simply forget old style cardsharing and find specific vendor for receive iptv streams
cardsharing open gate for some pawns around to make big money for past few years , now we are on road back to the past
now only big chinese factories and others will deliver ilegall pay-tv to the subscribers like they did in past when they paying to hackers for emu releases to supply their pirate receivers like ferguson and other crap products :)
iptv receiving by comparing to cardsharing is really great the big thing with it is that sattelite dish and coax cables no needed anymore

Last edited:

natedogg20050

Donating Member
People who are saying its BS SKY Q UHD is an STI CHIP not BCM why i do know well i got the device unmounted piece by piece by an friend from uk

sandy55

Registered
People who are saying its BS SKY Q UHD is an STI CHIP not BCM why i do know well i got the device unmounted piece by piece by an friend from uk

it should be arm bcm but however latest sti h2xx/h4xx are fully certified for videoguard standards too so doesnt matter

Spire2zz

Registered
maybe for sd but not for hd
some of specific sti cpu certified for videoguard offcourse should manage icam aswell

So if the sd recievers on old sti chip are working with the new encryption how do you think they will keep that secure if it is icam?

Spire2zz

Registered
strangely annoyed that sky have taken action to protect potential loss of revenue, like ANY business would.

I'm annoyed I can no longer have the channels on my Technomate with my Foreign channels and with my own channel numbers, but thats life - things change. (If your annoyance is for the same, I appologise)

(Not saying that the full price Sky try to charge isn't expensive btw, £100+/month is too much true!)

My view is that authough they obviously have to try to secure the signals it's probably the biggest waste of money in terms of preventing piracy since iptv isn't stopped and in many ways easier to use. I don't feel sorry for *** since they have historically acted illegally and hacked competitors encryption and posted it publicly causing them to go bankrupt. Also I think that anybody using illicit technology even on a small scale is contributing to infringing copyright so i don't really buy the argument that just because it's only sharing to friends or family means your somehow better than a person watching an illegal card share for example.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
In technology things change with time, we must accept it.

Even though icam protection can be emulated, do not forget that sd channels will be removed from sattelite in couple of years, so nobody invest in break a system which has a short life.

So there is only the HD, which are in hardware pairing.
Who can get the chip pairing key?
Only programmers can do, but not the users.

So in home you can not read the pairing card in linux receivers. Forgot it.

The future is iptv system, is impossible to block the stream in network.

Spire2zz

Registered
So there is only the HD, which are in hardware pairing.
Only programmers can do, but not the users.

So in home you can not read the pairing card in linux receivers. Forgot it.

The future is iptv system, is impossible to block the stream in network.

I'm not sure that's the case. Since we know that the hd pairing has been hacked and that if a stb maker could add an emulator of icam it's certainly possible a home stb can read a pair *** card.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure that's the case. Since we know that the hd pairing has been hacked and that if a stb maker could add an emulator of icam it's certainly possible a home stb can read a pair *** card.

Is not hack in general, is hack only one receiver, or two which use for payserver, I am not talking about that, since I am not interested in payserver, that ruin the old satellite world.

I am talking about that a person who has an official subscription, can use it in his linux receiver. He can not do it now, and so on in future.
Every receiver has his personal hardware pairing key. ( not sofware pairing)

Spire2zz

Registered
Is not hack in general, is hack only one receiver, or two which use for payserver, I am not talking about that, since I am not interested in payserver, that ruin the old satellite world.

I am talking about that a person who has an official subscription, can use it in his linux receiver. He can not do it now, and so on in future.
Every receiver has his personal hardware pairing key. ( not sofware pairing)

But the pairing key is generated upon card innitialization using random number generator so it's possible if the icam is Hacked. But I think your referring to getting the key off a hacked stb?

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
My question is, what can do a normal users to make work his card in linux receiver?

A programmer can get pairing key from dump.

Are all pairing key of receivers predicted via a algorithm, so an emu can emulate the right key after card is inserted?
So finaly i just think if a simply user can use the pairing card in his linux receiver.

Spire2zz

Registered
My question is, what can do a normal users to make work his card in linux receiver?

A programmer can get pairing key from dump.

Are all pairing key of receivers predicted via a algorithm, so an emu can emulate the right key after card is inserted?
So finaly i just think if a simply user can use the pairing card in his linux receiver.

My line of thinking is that if the stb that is Hacked must have unencrypted cpu to get keys so should be possible to understand how icam works. Im writing a security paper about whether icam is secure technology and what I have been trying to understand is that if the SD channels are indeed icam but in fact receivable by an stb with unencrypted cpu how *** expect the system not to be hacked? Sandy said they are secure cpu but others say not so I guess thats the interesting part.

gustavo88

Registered
Is this possible? What models sti and bcm cpu?
in other provider? They use conex or nagra..

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i believe there is some additional pairing key required
something extra and different for each Sub card very similar to how Boxkeys were extracted IF Someone shows
the specific way to extract this additional pairing key then SD will no doubt at all again work just fine
i do Not believe SD Channels are infact iCAM
i do not believe the BS about private Oscam's thats pure speculation and crap as far as im concerned !
i do believe HD likely Are iCAM and probably would not work
even with an additional pairing key .

i do understand however that several of Mr.Murdock's spies are indeed lurking around and phishing for any info to report back to HQ's with and then there will be the commercial payserver spies seeking some info aswell

i am aware Sky SD Was already broken quite quickly possibly even before the first or 2nd bout of channels going dark
i saw the screenshots that prove so but nobody as yet is willing to mention exactly How and what method was used to make it happen .

i guess it likely would cost a few 100K € in order to find out as really nothing gets known or shared without money these days :mecry:

Spire2zz

Registered
I don't think it's an additional key as such but according to the patent info the process is only deciding if the card responds if there is a valid icam chip and valid card. When the card is first inserted into the stb some process which uses a random number generator to create a secure key to mean the card will only respond to a genuine icam chip. There are two different ways this is done and some hardware only uses pseudo random number generator wich is less secure. If they did make an error and allow icam in an insecure hardware then I am sure the Chinese hardware guys will make a reciever that can emulate icam and it's just a matter of time to wait. Also I am sure that they do have people spreading misinformation on boards like this.

Spire2zz

Registered
I read an interesting thing. It may be possible that sky were forced to implement the icam on older boxes due to premier league football rights and card sharing was the biggest source of piracy. What that might mean is that they didn't want to do that but had to. So possibly the secrets of icam are to be found in the unsecured boxes software.

ma1386

Registered
i believe there is some additional pairing key required
something extra and different for each Sub card very similar to how Boxkeys were extracted IF Someone shows
the specific way to extract this additional pairing key then SD will no doubt at all again work just fine
i do Not believe SD Channels are infact iCAM
i do not believe the BS about private Oscam's thats pure speculation and crap as far as im concerned !
i do believe HD likely Are iCAM and probably would not work
even with an additional pairing key .

i do understand however that several of Mr.Murdock's spies are indeed lurking around and phishing for any info to report back to HQ's with and then there will be the commercial payserver spies seeking some info aswell

i am aware Sky SD Was already broken quite quickly possibly even before the first or 2nd bout of channels going dark
i saw the screenshots that prove so but nobody as yet is willing to mention exactly How and what method was used to make it happen .

i guess it likely would cost a few 100K € in order to find out as really nothing gets known or shared without money these days :mecry:

Can u show the screen shot