TM600 DISEqC switching failure?

peterthepainter

Registered
My TM600 runs a motor dish via a DISEqC switch Port 1 and a larger dish for SKY UK on the DISEqC switch Port 2. This is a 'custom' satellite configuration in the STB with Astra 2 (SKY) LNB setting as '1' and all other satellites set to '0'.

This has always worked well, but now it won't switch ports and just remains on Port 1 . I've changed the DISEqC switch and tested it with another STB and it definitely working. I've done a Factory Reset on the TM600 and reloaded everything, but still the same.

As far as I can work out, the STB is not commanding the DISEqC switch. The rotor works fine on Port 1. The SKY dish works fine when plugged into Port 1 too (irrespective of the DISEqC settings in the box). So it's only using Port 1 of the switch (which is open by default).

Has anyone experienced an issue like this? Is the DISEqC switching part of the firmware, or is it built into the box? Could it be kaput?

Any advise much appreciated.

peterthepainter

Registered
I've now spent a few hours bench testing my TM600.
With a simple two satellite DISEqC configuration the switching works fine.
But when I use a DISEqC motor configuration (set as LNB 0) with a second LNB (from a seperate dish set as LNB 1) it will not switch, but remains on Port 1.
I've used this setup for several years and until now it has worked well.
I guessed firmware controls the DISEqC switching, so I installed an older firmware version, but still no change.

Any ideas?

marki

Registered
I'd swop the lnb's over(or try a different output if they're multi output lnb's) and if there's no change I'd be thinking about the motor.Cheers.Mark

Last edited:

peterthepainter

Registered
Finally sorted. All my fault. Lost count of the number of times I went though this set-up, but I finally found another menu level for the second LNB. :)

rick412

Registered
I doubt its the firmware

DISEqC switching is electronic, like a little distribution box, it would separate the frequencies, sounds like the new box is doing something with the board, gut says its the hardware design.

If you went with 2 static dishes or lnb's you have no issues right? But when you throw in the motor, it stops. You diseqc signal is being jammed at the switch. Anyone know the specs of diseqc or have a pdf?