Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

william-1

Feed Hunter
Is the technomate 6902 any good for blind scan?

Yes at least the TM6902HD has an accurate Blind Scan something the TM5402HD M3 does not have without adding loads of dead transponders & missing 20% of the active transponders :eek:

I still use the TM6900HD Super Combo + :thum:

Last edited:

Costactc

Registered
I've been in the feed hunting hobby for many years and have tested many receivers.

X2 Premium
TM 5302
TM 5402 M1 + M3

I use my 5402 M3 on c band and have never noticed add on tp ever.

william-1

Feed Hunter
I've been in the feed hunting hobby for many years and have tested many receivers.

X2 Premium
TM 5302
TM 5402 M1 + M3

I use my 5402 M3 on c band and have never noticed add on tp ever.

Thanks for your reply I think the data base error only occurs in the Ku band on European satellites when the Network Scan that is always on with the M3 causes havoc on 42 east,16 east ect,

Best Blind Scan receivers currently available for Feed Hunting,

1/TM5502HD
2/TM5302HD
3/TM6902HD

IMHO
Best receiver is Openbox SX series. Very accurate and lowest sr i got was about 256. You can choose ranges for blind scanning, you can record to your pc directly. A lot of features.
It also support ACM broadcasts, 16 apsk feeds and multistream. With latest firmware update it also supports PowerVu.

Costactc

Registered
Thanks for your reply I think the data base error only occurs in the Ku band on European satellites when the Network Scan that is always on with the M3 causes havoc on 42 east,16 east ect,

Best Blind Scan receivers currently available for Feed Hunting,

1/TM5502HD
2/TM5302HD
3/TM6902HD

No issue on any of my tm receivers on ku band but I did notice it on the dr hd d + f 15.

Francescone

IMHO
Best receiver is Openbox SX series. Very accurate and lowest sr i got was about 256. You can choose ranges for blind scanning, you can record to your pc directly. A lot of features.
It also support ACM broadcasts, 16 apsk feeds and multistream. With latest firmware update it also supports PowerVu.

I would like to get more information about these receivers, particularly on SX9 combo. Is the SX9 identical to SX6 in blind scan and other main performances? Unfortunately all infos I found was in non-english languages, and I'm not able to read.... any english forum about these receivers? Thanks.
PS: William-1, did you test it?

william-1

Feed Hunter
TBS 5925 now implemented on Enigma2/mipsel receivers

We are happy to announce that in our SatDreamGr images we have managed to finally incorporate support for TBS tuners, especially TBS5925 and TBS5980 using Crazycat's work as a base.
After a long period of testing, the first receiver fully scanning all Multistream channels and ACM/VCM 16APSK/32APSK channels as well is Edision OSmini. Soon enough we will extend functionality to all receivers we support that run in kernels higher than 3.8.
So far, scanning and zapping through MIS is seamless and very fast. We are working hard to also implement blindscan features and investigate direct T2-MI encapsulation.
Our patches will be available soon in openPLI (on which SatDreamGr images is based) with hope that more developers/coders will create new plugins such as Crazyscan for Enigma2 to extend these cards' capabilities.
Here is a video which demonstrates scanning and zapping on my own OSmini receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kprD4tplCgw

Thanks to glamourservices for this info

digi247

Registered
Its great news but the problem with that is how many people want another external box/Tuner with power supply etc when a manufacturer could build this into an all in one satellite receiver.

So its £200 for the TBS5925 and then at least £100-£150 for a linux receiver.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
Most hardware that does 4:2:2 does so by accident or don't advertise the fact as they'd have to pay crazy licence fees to Mpeg LA. it's one of the reasons Professional equipment costs soo much.

Open source codecs, can do 4:2:2 without inuring the wrath of Mpeg LA but notice that none of the graphics cards even has 4:2:2 mpeg decoding support. Thankfully in some cases you can enable hardware de-interlacing as this is usually far superior to software.

alfred_1

Registered
Hi guys I have an Dr.Hd F15 receiver and I would like to know
if I can use a USB Wireless Adapter instead of an Ethernet cable.

alfred_1

Registered
But what I a have is an F15 Receiver and I just wish to know
if I can use USB Wireless Adapter instead of an Ethernet cable.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
You Really do Need to open a New thread Topic
this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread Topic so im not even sure why your posting in this thread ?? :confused:

Thread Topic
"Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting"

And your asking about USB Wireless Adapters ??
Homeplugs will work but USB Wireless Adapter i am not sure probably not but if they are cheap enuff you can try it i guess .
Please Try Stay on topic of thread and open a new Topic in DR HD Section with further questions .

alfred_1

Registered
I tried to look for the DR HD section before posting here but I couldn't find any I even tried the search button but again no match was found. So reluctantly I found this thread and
tried my luck here.

net5ua

Registered
TBS6925 around £169
Hi - what software do you recommend using with this TBS 6925? Is there a phantom patch that requires installation? Is EBS Pro any good? Any other 4:2:2 info would be welcome - thank you :)

guddu09993

Donating Member
You Really do Need to open a New thread Topic
this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread Topic so im not even sure why your posting in this thread ?? :confused:

Thread Topic
"Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting"

And your asking about USB Wireless Adapters ??
Homeplugs will work but USB Wireless Adapter i am not sure probably not but if they are cheap enuff you can try it i guess .
Please Try Stay on topic of thread and open a new Topic in DR HD Section with further questions .

which is best receiver with lowest latency decoding ? and must be 4:2:2