Sky uk SD black screen

delboy123

Has anybody had a look through the files Ragnarok posted at the beginning of this thread? The UK module is indeed unencrypted and contains 7 icam decryption modes.
I'm still trying to find what hardware is in this receiver so I know I've got the correct offsets. Then maybe will have a better chance of reversing it.

meho7

Anything left in the European beam? I am talking about encrypted channels only.
Kids channels still work - CN, Boomerang, Nick... all the music channels, ComedyCentral channels,all the Discovery channels, Eir Sport1-2 > shit quality sports channels dont even bother... Thats about it I think
Around 30+ channels

harshy

Well Known Member
Has anybody had a look through the files Ragnarok posted at the beginning of this thread? The UK module is indeed unencrypted and contains 7 icam decryption modes.
I'm still trying to find what hardware is in this receiver so I know I've got the correct offsets. Then maybe will have a better chance of reversing it.

Any progress?

delboy123

Any progress?

Nothing worth noting.
The icam modules are there in plain sight. The firmware needs disassembling but this is not something I've had much look with.
I'm sure there are people on here that are much better at this sort of thing than me.

This firmware module is from an RX8200 DVB-S modulator
Same firmware that the guys are looking at in the tandberg thread.

toysoft

Well Known Member
I believe that all channels will go dark when the UK buyout will be approved, as before if there is more subscribers then the buying price could move up for the sellers under their request (Imagine if they would gain 20% subscribers, definitely Sellers will request an increase on the paying price that generally in such business is related to the numbers of subscribers or a value of the company per subscriber)... it's the usual piracy trick, then once the buying is complete the new security will be completely implemented. At what we can see, they thought it would go quicker the acceptance of the buying and already started to "upgrade" to the more secure system, all boxes SD and HD have the security chip that do the job, also the old SD STB of 1998... it's moving out of the standard DVB Encryption system to their own (like DirecTV uses in USA, that is not DVB Standard).

It happened also with DirecTV, a lot of piracy before the buying and the counter measure was implemented only when the buying from Hughes/GeneralMotors was completed to acquire the new subscribers only when the buyout was completed.

TS

I read an interesting thing. It may be possible that sky were forced to implement the icam on older boxes due to premier league football rights and card sharing was the biggest source of piracy. What that might mean is that they didn't want to do that but had to. So possibly the secrets of icam are to be found in the unsecured boxes software.

Spire2zz

Nothing worth noting.
The icam modules are there in plain sight. The firmware needs disassembling but this is not something I've had much look with.
I'm sure there are people on here that are much better at this sort of thing than me.

This firmware module is from an RX8200 DVB-S modulator
Same firmware that the guys are looking at in the tandberg thread.

My view is that they were forced to impliment icam on insecure boxes due to premier league rights. They have left a big hole in their armor and I think your onto something.

ma1386

No not down

Some sky UK SD channels recently added to red share SERVER in Astra 28'E

News 18
Good Food+1
Yesterday +1
Gold
Alibi
W
Cartoon network
Boomerang +1
CN +1