C Line on 2 Boxes

Bengal

Registered
I would be able to use the same C Line in another box in another room providing that the box is, of course, hooked up to the internet.

If so, would the share know (find out) that this is what I am doing (leaving aside the etiquette)?

I don't want to do this if it will cause me issues (ie get thrown of the CS).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you careful and only one box is turned on at any given time then you can do that just don't run both boxes together. He will see this and it could even cause him problems as well as yourself.

Ferret

Squid

Registered
If you use the same line for 2 Receiver and these run at the same time, will connect only one Receiver or at one receiver 0 card´s will be indicated and you get picture freezer !

This will not work mate...

It is better, you look whether your line a reshare has and share the line to your other box !

Bengal

Registered
Cheers fellas, I think in my case it will be better for me leave things well alone as the other box was going to be in my little 'uns playroom and it is therefore very likley that both boxes will be on at the same time.

Best bet is for me to sort out my own arrangememnt.

dctyper

Registered
what about twin tuner boxes? for example, im watching a channel and recording on another on my 8000? isnt that the same as having to boxes on one c line?

Squid

Registered
No mate, it runs only once cccam connection on your DM8000...

This is no problem.The second tuner is there only to receive 2 transponders at the same time.

Squid

Registered
This is a good question mate !

I can also not unfortunately answer this to you.These are, nevertheless, 2 concurrent connections at the same time.

Try out it...:D

I do not believe that it works...

sheild64

Registered
Cheers fellas, I think in my case it will be better for me leave things well alone as the other box was going to be in my little 'uns playroom and it is therefore very likley that both boxes will be on at the same time.

Best bet is for me to sort out my own arrangememnt.

why dont you speak to the provider i no some of the provider will let you if you give them more money as long as you use the same ip address.

Rainman_nlb

Registered
ok, use one box ast master ... this one is connected to internet directly to server / provider

the add a F line to ccccam.cfg in this master-box and reshare your cards to internal client, where you have to add a C line to masterbox ...

and hope you were given more than one hop from provider ... otherwise it will not work with reshare