Sky UK - Sky Sports Problem

ptiernan

Registered
Hi All

I have a problem since I recently updated my sky box.

My Setup
I have NewCS (I think 1.67) running on a Ubuntu PC with my Sky Card in a card reader attached and have several Windows 7 clients connecting using DVB Link and Acamd client.

My Problem
Every 3 -6 months I need to move my card to the Sky + HD box and phone sky to re-enable the card. This last time I had to do this (yesterday), I had to force a software update on the Sky + HD box, having done this all the channels work on my Sky + HD box. All channels except the premium channels (Sky Sports) work on my Windows 7 clients. Anyone any ideas on how to get the premium channels working?

Been looking into this and it seems to point to my BoxKey, I believe this is generated from the serial number of my Sky + HD box and this needs to be converted into an 8 digit Hex value. I believe there are two possible sources for this serial number

1. 17 digit number on the sticker on the base of the box then remove the first 6 characters and the last one to get a 10 digit decimal that needs to be converted into a 8 digit hex number

2. In the Sky + HD box menu system I can navigate to the System Details page and I get a 11 digit decimal number (I am sure it was a 10 digit number previously)(the same number as in option 1 without the last number removed) and I convert this into a 8 digit hex number

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Wave goodbye to cardsharing with SkyUK , SkyIT cards
same or very similar situation in Italy aswell at this moment i believe
i had a SkyIT card lasted only 3 months then Error 9996
now SkyIT HD channels no longer open in c/s
Times are changing for the worse this im sure will be the end of Cardsharing !!
it was good while it lasted but providers slowly have won the War im sorry to say .

Bad Luck mate but you are not alone you'll likely see 1,000's more peeps affected before this year ends as this year will end Cardshare of that im pretty certain .
You can Thank the Commercial Payservers for these actions !