is EVERYBODY happy with their ipbox 9000

TerD

Registered
Needs software support structure

Latest sifteam image looks as though it's
got the box heading in the right direction.
You need plenty of time to get things to work,
and I'm only halfway through the process.Appreciated the
help on this forum so far.

TerD

alalifa

Registered
I am having a problem with HD channels. Most of the time they are either totally black, or the picture is not smooth!, when I replace it with my Dreambox 800, the picture is OK. Anyhow, SD channels look better on IP9000 than on Dreambox.

TerD

Registered
I'm exactly a month into the purchase of my 9000HD. When you buy the machine (at least when I bought it) you basically get a dumb box.
Took me a weeks to understand what an 'image'was ( remember the word software upgrade guys)
Took me a week to learn to Flash (in English this has another sense)
Took me 3 weeks to really understand the meaning of 'Plug and Pray'.
Took me four days to get over my distributor saying ' perhaps you're the kind of person who shouldn't have bought this machine' (I'm a technology journalist)
Took me 10 seconds for me to realise that in fact same distributor had zero experience and no technical support for the box.
So welcome to the forum.
I'm a believer in IP convergence so I recognised that this box could converge Sat and Cable into a single interface and give a common HDD recording point.

I'm almost there, apart from the external HDD challenge.

TerD

billnot

Registered
I bought my 9000HD the day it arrived in the shop (I'd paid for it months earlier.

The hardware is excellent, up to DG Station's usual standards (I also have a couple of Mutant 200S and a Relook 400) and much better then the Dreambox 800 which has given me nothing but trouble.

It does most things well - picture quality is superb - but the software still needs some development. For example, it can't yet make use of a Sky UK card in the card reader, although it can use one from a Phoenix CAM or another source. Also, you can't yet record two encrypted channels at the same time.

Nevertheless, I'm happy with it and it was a good investment

adda38

Registered
Hi
I'm waitting for my ipbox 9000 to arrive and I wondered if I will need to upgrade my lnb.Using a single 0.2 Techomate at the moment and wondered if I will need to replace it to pick up hd channels?.

Bacardi

Registered
you can use a universal lnb. you just need to be within the footprint of the sat like any chan

catseye

Registered
Hiya
Does it work ok with a v/gbox positioner (Diseqc1.2)
Also is the tuner good at pulling in weaker signals
Can it decode 422 feeds
Cheers

TerD

Registered
Sorry this is above me.
I'm only on Astra 28.2 and I'm assuming here are no weak signals as these sats are commercially important.

Image is fine, sound is till a bit compressed.

TerD

TerD

Registered
There is a report in tele-satellite magazine which answers your questions. Someone may have the link, if not search on tele-satellite.

TerD

TerD

Registered
Take tele-satellite reports with
a little bit of cynicism - most are cut and pastes of reports on other STBs.

For example, 'recommended for family use'. Yeah, OK if it's a family of Linux nerds!

TerD

jud1255

Registered
yes its already committed me to buying a 9000 and hopefully should be here later today.
wish me luck as im not familiar with images etc
only keys on my old faithfull hummy 5400

jud1255

Registered
You can get them for £470 in the uk now. I'm going to skandinavia in 2 weeks and i'm gonna pick one up when i'm there. They run at £380 over there:D

I'd post the link but its against forum rules but you should be able to google it.

They look like a great box and now that the incubus cam is out they can do cccam and all the rest.

Looks like my DM7000 is getting chucked in the bedroom. Is it true that enigma 2 is due this/next month?
sorry m8 i cant remember whether i replied to you .
Thanks all the same i eventually got 1 off ebay when it arrives.
thanks all the same

jud1255

Registered
I'm exactly a month into the purchase of my 9000HD. When you buy the machine (at least when I bought it) you basically get a dumb box.
Took me a weeks to understand what an 'image'was ( remember the word software upgrade guys)
Took me a week to learn to Flash (in English this has another sense)
Took me 3 weeks to really understand the meaning of 'Plug and Pray'.
Took me four days to get over my distributor saying ' perhaps you're the kind of person who shouldn't have bought this machine' (I'm a technology journalist)
Took me 10 seconds for me to realise that in fact same distributor had zero experience and no technical support for the box.
So welcome to the forum.
I'm a believer in IP convergence so I recognised that this box could converge Sat and Cable into a single interface and give a common HDD recording point.

I'm almost there, apart from the external HDD challenge.

TerD
glad your happy , you sound a bit like me , so fingers crossed i will learn also.

jud1255

Registered
just a quicky before it arrives.
the seller of my 2nd hand 9000 states:
it has the latest nlb image installed + latest channel settings.
will i need such as irdeto card in the card reader as in my humax 5400 ? for it to work on the english film channels ? eg 19e premi
and
my motorised dish is 42east to 43west , before i power it up (9000) would it be best to previoulsy leave the dish at 1 west ready for installation ?. or doesnt it really matter.
again thanks guys its nice to see responsible comments etc. Thanks

Last edited:

LLP

Registered
Got a 9000HD S2+C , installed SiFteams newest image and im happy , allmost as fast as a DM7025+ , only thing thats bothering me is the DVB-sustitles they just wont work for me

language in use = FINNISH

:thum:

catseye

Registered
Hi guys

Can we have some feedback on the tuners in the Cuberevo/Ip box please
How do they compare to dream & others at pulling in the weaker signals

many thanks

DKaftermath

Registered
i think the IPbox9000 is a sound machine.

ive have been used to dreamboxes for ages, and decided to go for one of these.

Its a class box, i am very happy with it, and things are just beginning.

Plenty to learn on the 9000.

I just been playing around with enigma 2, which probably be the main image.

the tuners

the sat tuner seems fine

but i am still having slight freezing/block y picture from my cable tuner, i am using mgcamd as my preferred cam , so hopefully the Sifteam can learn from this when they do the Official release of Enigma 2