ViX4E2PROJECT WeTek Play

mach73

Registered
ViX4E2PROJECT VERSION 2.2 Build 003-blue+
FOR WETEK PLAY / WETEK OPENELEC
(to be considered as proof of concept release)
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 700x394.

Before we start with what's included it's important to know just a couple of things regarding this build. Button mapping has been given some considerable thought when using with the Wetek Enigma2 dedicated remote control (I can not vouch for other types of remote control). APPS KEY = Shortcut to Plugin Browser when executed from live TV, this also doubles at the text key to launch Virtual Keyboard in appropriate menus (for example entering password in WLAN menu). MOUSE KEY = Instant Record from live TV - As there is no dedicated record button on the E2 remote this seemed the most logical choice!

INCLUDES LATEST AVAILABLE BUILD OF AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER
Latest available as of August 8th 2016 which includes various area updates and now includes more familiar channel numbering as well as option to online update configuration files to keep up to date without the need to uninstall/install. Tested as working with Astra 28.2 East.

INCLUDES ViX4E2PROJECT CROSSEPG BUILD
As per all other ViX4E2PROJECT Version 2.2 CrossEPG is included within the EPG Configurator menu which only includes options which work reliably (OpenTV providers). EPG-Importer should be used for those that prefer to download EPG data via Internet sources. CrossEPG tested as working with OpenTV Astra 28.2 East.

ALL EPG RELATED SETUP IN ONE 'EPG CONFIGURATOR' MENU
The new 'EPG Configurator' menu is now home to all EPG related setup which includes CrossEPG, EPGRefresh, EPG-Importer and all regular EPG settings, where EPG is store, file name, refresh time, provider type EPG etc. This can be accessed at Menu > Setup > System > EPG Configurator.

ViX4E2PROJECT PANEL INCLUDED - IMAGE MANAGER REMOVED
The usual ViX4E2PROJECT panel is included as standard (accessed via Blue Button > ViX4E2PROJECT and/or Menu > Setup > ViX4E2PROJECT) though the Image Manager option has been removed as this is not compatible with the SD Card boot method. All other usual options are included though including Backup Manager for backup and restore of settings.

LAN AND WLAN SUPPORT BUILT IN
The usual LAN support is built in as you'd expect but as the Wetek Play / Wetek OpenELEC models include built in WLAN the driver for this has also been included so WLAN will work 'straight out the box'. You should use the APPS KEY to launch the Virtual Keyboard to allow input of letter/numbers for entering Wi-Fi passwords etc. See notes at the top for more information on this.

ADD SOFTCAM COMPATIBILITY
Added OScam and OSClite ARM_ONLY builds which should only be used with Wetek Play / Wetek OpenELEC. NOTE: SOFTCAM SUPPORT AND DISCUSSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON HERE - PLEASE DO NOT ASK!

KODI LAUNCHER INCLUDED
KODI Launcher is included (Start Kodi) from both the Main menu and Plugin Browser menu. I have tested this in terms of launching KODI, exiting KODI back to Enigma2, installing and testing YouTube from within KODI and installing TV Addons Wizard, all of which appeared to work fine. Please note though this is as far as I will be going with this and KODI support - It's a great feature to have and I'm sure will be of interest to many but it's not where ViXE2PROJECT belongs, so by all means play around with it and make as much use as you like with it but if it brakes then please don't ask me!

GENERAL THIRD PARTY ADDONS / PLUGINS
All the usual addons and plugins are included on the addons server however because this release is based on the ARM chipset you may find there are some plugins that will not work if they are specific to another architecture. Many plugins are none specific though and in this case should work as normal. You'll need to experiment with this to find out what works and what doesn't, again this is something that's out of my scope I'm afraid so I won't be able to provide help with any specific third party addons/plugins, sorry.

GENERAL ViX4E2PROJECT NOTES: WHILE SIMILAR IN OPERATION ViX4E2PROJECT IS NOT THE SAME AS OpenViX - ViX4E2PROJECT WHILE ORIGINALLY USING SOME OF THE OPENVIX SOURCE IS NOW BEING BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP ON MY OWN BUILD SERVERS UNDER THE LATEST OE-ALLIANCE 3.4 BRANCH AND INCLUDES MANY ENHANCEMENTS SUCH AS MENU LAYOUTS (GRAPHICAL EPG, EPG CONFIGURATOR, CROSSEPG, TRANSCODING SETUP ETC. WHERE APPLICABLE), ENHANCED BLUE HD SKIN AS DEFAULT, ONLINE UPDATE AND ADDONS SPECIFIC TO ViX4E2PROJECT, BUILT IN WIFI, BUILT IN DVBSKY USB SUPPORT, DEFAULT A/V AND AUDIO SETTINGS FOR UK USE, SAMBA AND NFS BY DEFAULT, ENHANCED DRIVER AND FEATURE SUPPORT SPECIFIC TO SUPPORTED MODELS AND MORE. ANY ISSUES AND/OR QUESTIONS REGARDING ViX4E2PROJECT SPECIFIC RELEASES SHOULD BE ASKED ON THE SUPPORT DISCUSSION FORUM HERE ONLY, THANKS.

SD CARD IMAGE FIRMWARE ATTACHED ALONG WITH WIN32DISKIMAGER FOR EASY WRITING OF FIRMWARE TO SD CARD

ViX4E2PROJECT-2.2.003-blue+-wetekplay_sdcard 09.08.2016

mach73

Registered
UPDATE: 09/08/16 - 19:15

This release has been tested with the Wetek Play using the Enigma2 remote control and button mappings have been designed specifically for this 'Enigma2' remote control - This as far as I understand was an optional extra remote control and not issued as standard with the Play. Today I have received the Wetek OpenELEC with the OpenELEC version of remote control. While this remote works 'straight out the box' it's clear the button mappings for this will need some work (as expected) which is what I intened to work on over the next few days, quite possibly with an enhanced version to also work well with the Spark/Amiko Alien/Alien2+ remote control BUT MOST IMPORTANT before working on button mappings is right now when using RCU Select to switch between remote models and choosing WeTek Play OpenElec RCU this will cause an Enigma2 error which stops Enigma2 from booting - So a very quick and simple fix for this while I work on button mappings for the OpenELEC and Alien/Alien2+ type remote controls is as follows:

1) Download attached keyids.pyo file
2) FTP into receiver (FTP will still be active even with the Enigma2 error) and head to /usr/lib/enigma2/python
3) Find and delete file in this directory named keyids.pyo
4) FTP over new keyids.pyo file downloaded in step 1
5) Fully reboot receiver either via E2 menu (if available), telnet issuing reboot command or by power off/power on if no other option

When the receiver boots back up Enigma2 should now have no problem in starting and switching between remote control versions in RCU Select including the OpenELEC version should now work fine.
I will be working on the button mappings for the couple of different remote control types as mentioned over the next few days and we'll see what happens! I also have one or two other things I want to take a look at so we'll see how this goes - The above 'fix' will be included in any later builds so no longer required to be manually updated but this is just intended as a temporary measure to get any of you with the OpenELEC remote or those that have switched to it by accident back up and running while I take a few days to have a look at the few other things I've mentioned.

http://wetektr.com/WeTek/index.php?d=Enigma2/E2-Images/ViX4E2PROJECT&f=keyids.zip