Gains going from 1m dish to 1.5m?

meho7

Registered
Does anyone know what kinda gains can someone expect going from 1m to 1.25 or even 1.5m?

RimaNTSS

Registered
@meho7 Can you specify what do you mean by "gain"? How can you measure and compare gain?
I agree with @dmr0x.... if you compare surface area of aperture than surface area of 1.5m antenna is ~55% bigger than surface of 1m antenna, and 1,2m antenna somewhere in the middle.
And, depending on what you mean by "gain" I would say that gain of 1,2m antenna system better than gain of 1m antenna system. Gain of 1,5m antenna system is much better.

meho7

Registered
@meho7 Can you specify what do you mean by "gain"? How can you measure and compare gain?
I agree with @dmr0x.... if you compare surface area of aperture than surface area of 1.5m antenna is ~55% bigger than surface of 1m antenna, and 1,2m antenna somewhere in the middle.
And, depending on what you mean by "gain" I would say that gain of 1,2m antenna system better than gain of 1m antenna system. Gain of 1,5m antenna system is much better.
Im thinking of getting a bigger dish for feeds cause currently it's a hit or miss with some of them.
I have 1m gibertini
27.5w bbc im getting around 42-43%
22w NHL 60-65% - most of the time not getting lock at all
7e IMGA 59-60%, the international and UCL matches that are in horizontal position no lock at all. Vertical barely a lock at 58-59%

10e La Liga feeds 60-70% but get some weird signal issues almost every match where i lose signal for 5-10sec.

Is it possible to know what gains i could get with a 1.25m? Is it even worth going to 1.25?

cheers

RimaNTSS

Registered
@meho7 it is not possible to answer that way. But I am pretty sure if you go for bigger dish you will get much better reception results. You will get lock on transponders you could not lock on 1m antenna and not all other transponders will have much higher rain margin. Bigger antenna always brings better reception.