Technomate 5402 M3 - Strange effect on HD Channel

anasazi99

Registered
I initially thought it may be the tv I was using but I changed from Panasonic to Sony and the problem remains. So it definitely seems to be a sat box problem. Be interesting if there are different tuners used in the 5402 hd m3.

Also in my case the tv is ok, i've used a skystar with no problem on the AFN HD channel. I've open the 5402 but is not easy to understand what kind of tuner is mounted, on the side is present a sticker with the following numbers:
8CC20128ER
T81A08-VFF62
1406A25K01

No other informations is present on the tuner, and with this series on numbers i don't have found nothing :confused:

anasazi99

Registered
Hello everybody,

I want to reopen the discussion about my problem with the TM5402... in brief...
I can see the AFN package on 9est with no problem... No, I'm sorry, with one problem! Only on the HD channel of this package (HD Sport) i've a annoying effect... i don't know how to explain, like a buffering...the result is, that the image, every 10-15 seconds, speed up for half second, and after this half second, back normal for others 10-15 seconds... and so on. I don't know if others have noted this kind of effect and in special way if this issue it was solved. In every case, thank you so much for your attention.

Some have my problem but others absolutely not... so i've purchased a new TM5402... result: same problem absolutely identical problem! Now i want to change my target :D and for this, i need your help! What kind of receiver can i buy that have it similar specification of the TM5402?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

anasazi

Martin.Wigston

Registered
I would hold fire on buying a new box specifically for this channel, they are supposed to be going completely HD for all channels this year.

We dont know if we will still be able to get the channels after the changeover.

anasazi99

Registered
I would hold fire on buying a new box specifically for this channel, they are supposed to be going completely HD for all channels this year.

We dont know if we will still be able to get the channels after the changeover.

Thanks for the response Martin, i know, is not possible to know the future of AFN but only to know if exist a box that can substitute the TM5402, that's all.

Thanks again :thum:

Cheers

mr.silverado

Registered
In North America, I have the same thing happen on 103W when watching sports. I have only noticed it on that satellite. I have other receivers with no issues on those channels.