DM500s problem green light permanently ON

cannon_29

Registered
I have the same problem with my dm500 (clone) i have tried many images still the same somtimes it would boot then hang,i have done j-tag and its still the same maybe the images on my pc are corrupt,dont know what the problem could be.can anyone help me out thanks.

aliraza63

Registered
No its not I had the same problem with my DM500 one a year back .. Later on I found out it was due to moisture ..I simply heated my unit through the hair dryer .and still its working fine

cannon_29

Registered
i tried heating the unit with a hair dryer but still after a couple of minutes the unit hangs,and the channel continues to work.I think its a corrupt boot loader can anyone help me get a good bootloader for a dm500 (clone).

Last edited:

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
I don't think is a bootloader problem.
Flash your box using dream up with a Image from Sif team or EDG (no gemini).

Test it for few days, if you continous to havce the some problem than use a jtag. This is the last chanse for you.

cannon_29

Registered
I have already used j-tag and then loaded a pli image the box is stable for about 10 to 15 mins now then it hangs,i am going to try sif or EDG image now i hope it will work.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
If you have the same problem with other image that you will try, that your box should have any hardware problem.

the best thing is to send it in any service. Please write here the result of your test.

cannon_29

Registered
before i did the J-tag the box stopped giving any display just the green light,i took the box to a tech guy and i was told by him that the problem is the flash chip,when he told me how much it would cost to repair,i decided to do a j-tag myself the j-tag software said corrupt boot loader in the dos window so i searched for a good bootloader i found one for dm500 clone and the j-tag was successful.now i have uploaded EDG image but i am still having the same problem,will go back to the tech guy today because now i have display on my box lets see what he says.

Niun

Registered
I also still sometimes light green light, and disabling it so hard for .....
has anyone else's advice?

dj999

Registered
i've been asked to try and bring a dm500s back to life.
the green light on the front stays on and nothing else, tried to reload any image using dreamup but it is NOT recognised.

Grotbags

Registered
Clone supplied with wrong power supply

I have just spent hours on a DM500s clone for my brother. The unit would allow me to download using dream up but when I connected it to an LNB it locked up and filled the screen with multicoloured bars. After doing this a few times I needed to reload the software cos it was stuck on a blue screen.

I then noticed that the power supply that came with the unit was quite small and only rated for 12v 600mA. (7.2 Watts)

The Manual for the DM500S claims it requires 21 watts !! That would explain why the system shutdown as soon as it tried to power up the tuner and/or the LNB.

Check your power supply especially if it is one the plug top type like a mobile phone charger.!!!