What is the best box for Powervu ?

dostoy

Registered
I have a Freesat v8 super box now and it auto updates the Powervu keys for the SIS channels on 4.8 east very quickly every day.

Is there another box that does this or is very easy to input the daily new keys for these channels on 4.8 east ?

What boxes can clear AFN on 9 east as well ?

Thanks.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Doesn't your box auto update all powervu channels?

My Viark HD does.

As will any box that can run oscam, I would imagine.

dostoy

Registered
It doesn't AU AFN or at least I don't think it does because things changed with AFN a few weeks ago.

I haven't got a clue about oscam as have never had a box that could run it.

I just want another box as a back up to what I have now, that can AU the SIS Powervu channels on 4.8 east.

Thanks

dostoy

Registered
Does anyone know if the GTMedia V8 NOVA box Auto Updates on Powervu channels, especially the SIS ones on 4.8 east ?

Thanks

trendnet

Registered
All freesat GTMedia boxs has real bad support with the slow updates so you better look for a box with constant updates ......

fiji

Starsat some box & Ali3510C chipset only europian models hd box supported afn 9/64.2E
+ All network .

ihorh

Registered
can anyone know tell me if some of the following receivers will work afn 9E au (U2C Denys H.265 , AMIKO HD 8265+, Openbox S3 HD mini ,Openbox SX4 Base+ HD, Openbox SX2 HD)

iq180

Registered
It doesn't AU AFN or at least I don't think it does because things changed with AFN a few weeks ago.

I haven't got a clue about oscam as have never had a box that could run it.

I just want another box as a back up to what I have now, that can AU the SIS Powervu channels on 4.8 east.

Thanks

If you have a freesat V8 super with the last update from 7/20/2018 it does auto roll AFN.

Another box you should look at is the Skysat s2020.

technodvl2

Registered
" It doesn't AU AFN or at least I don't think it does because things changed with AFN a few weeks ago "

what do you think will happen in the next week, or month, or year,

a dreambox
have 10 year old dm800se and have allways had powervu

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
My Viark HD auto rolls PV and I am sure the last firmware update was before the AFN change.
So your might too, leave it on an AFN channel overnight and see in the morning if it has cleared.

My box gives no message except for "Scrambled" when I put it on a PV channel. However, for biss it does say it is updating the Biss key.

kebien

Registered
I've been using Dreambox since 2002,enigma 1.Now of course with Enigma 2.
All boxes came and go,dreambox always worked.
Beside,it was so good that all others resorted to use Enigma 2 in order to keep up.
Just saying

dishfarm777

Registered
If you have a freesat V8 super with the last update from 7/20/2018 it does auto roll AFN.

Another box you should look at is the Skysat s2020.

The Freesat V8 Super is a better receiver for PowerVu than the Skysat s2020 imo and putting them side by side to compare the V8 super is just a better receiver at this time.
The skysat also runs hot and this is not good for the chip board.

iq180

Registered
" It doesn't AU AFN or at least I don't think it does because things changed with AFN a few weeks ago "

what do you think will happen in the next week, or month, or year,

a dreambox
have 10 year old dm800se and have allways had powervu

My Freesat V8 Super auto roll AFN this morning, You must let it sit on an AFN CH for up to 30 min, then it opens with the new software.