Installing Nemesis over the original image

terval

Registered
I have just bought a DM500 HD and would like to install the latest Nemesis 2.6 SVN (107r5) over the existing original DM500 HD image. Can I install it straight away, directly, or should I first install the second stage loader secondstage-dm500hd-84.nfi (of 2.9.2011), downloaded from the Nemesis site?

If I have to install the second stage first, is it the same thing if I install dreambox-secondstage_84-r0_dm500hd.ipk? Namely, if I install ssl in .ipk format instead of .nfi format I can install it with the remote control.

Thank you for your answers.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If the bootloader the current image is on is lower than 84 then you should flash the 84.nfi first then the image.

With the nfi version you can flash the 84.nfi by browser like a image.

Do you have a clone or original if you have a clone then you can not do this its a much more complex process.

terval

Registered
Thank you Ferret. I have original DM500 HD, not a clone. I don´t know what second stage loader is in the existing original DM500 HD image. How can I find it out? Anyway, if I load the SSL#84 again (in case it´s already in), there´s probably no problem. Or is it?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Just flash the 84 to be sure it does not matter if that is what you already have.

Then flash the image.