4.0 W Signal Strength ?

SilverHippy

Registered
Can somebody from the UK check their signal strength from the above sat for me please. I have been getting 50% for the last 2 weeks but today 0%, I'm on TP 10934 H 13750 (HBO)It was the only one I could get from this sat, I've checked for any changes but can't find any info only comedy changing to 3 but same TP

Regards & thanks :mecry:

I'm in the north of Scotland

SilverHippy

Registered
HI, CM 1.2 it was working for the last 2 weeks but now 0 every other sat ok. Thanks for the reply just wonder if they've reduced the power.

SilverHippy

Registered
Thanks for checking at least I know it's still there, I guess I was lucky to get it for 2 weeks :thum: Think I need a bigger dish.

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
On 1.06m I recently lost all channels from Amos at 4W but a friend with same set up (same Triax dish, same Technomate LNB, similair Technomate receiver) still gets signal on the Europe Amos 2 beam - all be it a low signal at Technomate meters at 47%.

But wow you were getting the PowerVU HBO tp 10934 H, this was usually the hardest to get a lock in UK (for me) sure barney2222 will agree.

Its a difficult sat the official footprint for the Amos 2 Europe Beam isn't great for UK reception:

4q0l8k.jpg

SilverHippy

Registered
Hi & thanks for that info I've got 5402 M3 on latest patch and at the time 2 weeks ago when I got a lock on it I was in shock because I've never been able to see 4w & 7w I was getting on 4W 54%:thum: in the day and 46% :( at nightime, I did wonder if the lnb (BU) was being affected by temp ? but I'm more inclined to suspect a power increase on that TP but as I said still couldn't see any other TP on that sat & 7W is just invisible. At the moment the signal on 4W is 36 % that's better than 0% from this afternoon.

Regards & Thanks

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Good signal here too in the East Midlands...:)

4w_HBO.png

I hardly call Level 50% Good... Adequate maybe :D Similair to other meters 47% and 54% but hey very nice you get 100% Quality....

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Signal down a lot for me ..
now only 22% was 68% :p
i get odd bit of pixcelations using my 2meter prime focus dish
nothing on my 1.2m offset channel master
i did lock very well 4W HBO TP untill past day or two
but not good signal anymore it seems
ive been very buzy at work ive not touched either dish
signal is reduced for sure :(

but at least i can just get locked still :D
cheers !

pedro2000uk

Registered
Can somebody from the UK check their signal strength from the above sat for me please. I have been getting 50% for the last 2 weeks but today 0%, I'm on TP 10934 H 13750 (HBO)It was the only one I could get from this sat, I've checked for any changes but can't find any info only comedy changing to 3 but same TP

Regards & thanks :mecry:

I'm in the north of Scotland

You were doing very well there to get it.

Seems OK here in Cheshire, I tested it down to a TD88 & still OK but can't remember exact reference - I think they are about the same.

Some other changes on there, a new tp lit up on 10842h 30000 & a better fec on another might have a small knock on effect adding a little more noise & maybe drawing a little more power?

doesn't take much at that level - you did well

for 7w try 10718v 22000 [on 7.3w]

jan55

I receive a good signal (L:80 - Q:98) at 4W-10935H :)
Dish: 1.20m ofset
Weather: Cloudy with rain

Last edited:

Coastman

Registered
Signal on this tp does seem to be down last few days as was one of the strongest recently although can depend on the time of the day. Check early to mid morning as signals seem to be stronger on 4w then under clear skies.

SilverHippy

Registered
@ coastman
Thanks, but clear skies for me in the Outer Hebrides is something of a rarity, although I think I can remember we did have one day like that last year. :D :mecry:

Regards

0% for me today