DM500HD.. Safe or Not?

pixxotta

Registered
Hi Mates

I am very interested in buying the DM500HD and would like to know if the Green Light error that kills the box is still happening or has some image come out to fix it? If so, which image shall i use to be safe?

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I would stay away for the 500HD mate, DReam are even refusing repair if you flashed a group image. Not worth the risk. Spend a bit more and buy a VU.

Ferret

alunfennell

Registered
A load of Crap ! Dream have activaly been replacing the early versuions of the 500HD without question, The only People who have had difficultys are those in the Middle East and North Africa where postage costs seem to be the main Issue.

Some a (very few) retailers such as on Ebay will not replace a Receiver with a Flashed Image and most of us understand that.

But ship a faulty Receiver to Dream and it will be Replaced.

The early version of the 500HD had a few faults, these have been ironed out and the Receiver is now very much stable and Returns and faulty units have falled over the past two-three months.

There have not been very much posted on faulty units for months now on the Dream website, some images and methodes of flash can brick the receiver so stay with Images Dream have payed for such as Gemini etc.

I own a Dreambox 500HD and it the best receiver for 319Euro and connected to a 1tb External Hard Drive via Esata has Pvr and Movies libuary humming ....

10/10 receiver....

pixxotta

Registered
Thanks for that Mate :)

Which image are you using please? how stable is the box...crashing and that stuff? CCcam and channel list stable?
Overall all, if you had any experience with a previous Dreambox (500,600,800,8000) can you compare this box to it and confirm that the DM500HD isnt missing any features?

Thanks for your time

alunfennell

Registered
Thanks for that Mate :)

Which image are you using please? how stable is the box...crashing and that stuff? CCcam and channel list stable?
Overall all, if you had any experience with a previous Dreambox (500,600,800,8000) can you compare this box to it and confirm that the DM500HD isnt missing any features?

Thanks for your time

I am running Gemini 5.0, its only crashed once or twice in over 2 months of use, mainly because my girlfriend ended up in the blue pannel and ended up switch on/off cam repeatedly when she was zapping lol.

I have had no issues with Cccam (Im using 2.0.11) and no issue with channel list.

The only issue i had was with the actual satellite Dish installation because i use switches I had to instal each satellite one at a time then introduce the switchs.

Gemini is not the nicest Image but with a new Skin & picons its looking and functioning beautifully.

I have tried Dream-Elite and got rid of it after three days, keep crashing, poor picture quality SD & in HD, none of the Information panels worked, no fan control working (by default) causing over heating in standby and wrong keymap (by Default) After 3 major upgrades by the Dream-Elite team none of these issues were addressed.

Dream-Elite is the main reason why the Dreambox 500HD is getting a bad name ! released before Gemini 5.0 Dream-Elite did not consider the Receivers architecture is closer to the 8000 than the 800 causing some major malfunctioning, This has got gradually better with the last two images released by Dream-Elite because they can now take Gemini 5.0 apart and use its base code with there Skins & Server applications.

Dream-Multimedia pay Gemini for there images, they do not pay Dream-Elite or others, this is a good reason to stick with Gemini with a new receiver untill the likes of Nabilosat come up with a image.

Hope this Helps

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Nabilosat no longer build images the coder formed Dream Elite.

Ferret

Chits

Registered
:thum: Got The Gemini2 Project 5.0 on my DM 500 HD very stable. Zapping Fast than my DM 800 HD. :clapping:

pixxotta

Registered
Thanks

Can someone tell me which are the Gemini Images from here cause I cant seem t find them :/

h**p://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=470

busman

Donating Member
A load of Crap ! Dream have activaly been replacing the early versuions of the 500HD without question, The only People who have had difficultys are those in the Middle East and North Africa where postage costs seem to be the main Issue.

Some a (very few) retailers such as on Ebay will not replace a Receiver with a Flashed Image and most of us understand that.

But ship a faulty Receiver to Dream and it will be Replaced.

The early version of the 500HD had a few faults, these have been ironed out and the Receiver is now very much stable and Returns and faulty units have falled over the past two-three months.

There have not been very much posted on faulty units for months now on the Dream website, some images and methodes of flash can brick the receiver so stay with Images Dream have payed for such as Gemini etc.

I own a Dreambox 500HD and it the best receiver for 319Euro and connected to a 1tb External Hard Drive via Esata has Pvr and Movies libuary humming ....

10/10 receiver....

i don't now about Middle East but you be lucky to find one 500hd
in whole of North Africa why would they pay 319Euro when they can get 800 for $170.00 warehouses in casablanca are full chinese traders

alunfennell

Registered
i don't now about Middle East but you be lucky to find one 500hd
in whole of North Africa why would they pay 319Euro when they can get 800 for $170.00 warehouses in casablanca are full chinese traders

Because there are still people like myself that do not subscribe to buying poor quality Clone receivers made in China and shipped through the ports like Palermo in Italy run extensively by the Mafia where most Black-market goods gain entry into Europe without question.

A number of Dreambox owners over on the Dream-Multimedia website who had issues with the 500HD were from North Africa, Dubai & some across mainland Europe mainly complaining about the price of Postage to Germany from some of these countrys.

I do not see much credence in anything you have posted, if your a cheapskate and buy a clone with a doggy MAC address, poor / faulty tuners & no Quality checks then thats your business.

But there are plenty of people who far prefer the genuine article where ever they may live .... Just because they have warehouses in North Africa full of clone receivers does not mean to say every African will by a Clone !

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
alunfennell said:
I do not see much credence in anything you have posted, if your a cheapskate and buy a clone with a doggy MAC address, poor / faulty tuners & no Quality checks then thats your business.
QUOTE]

you quote cheapskate, if people could afford to purchase original recievers i am pretty sure they all would, its a wicked world we all live in.

alunfennell

Registered
Buying a Clone receiver funds organized Crime in China and some parts of Europe, The receivers get made by ripping off Copy Rights belonging to patented products here in Europe.

Secondly Cheap labor is used in the manufacture or these receivers in unsavory working conditions, These workers receive less than the cost of one receiver for two months work. A good reason why a clone costs far less than a real Dreambox....

Thirdly Black-Market goods such as Clone Chinese receivers get smuggled into Europe through ports like Palermo run and funded by mafia and other crime organizations such as the Russian & Albanian, these shipping roots are also used by Human Cargo Smugglers, Drugs & Arms from China into Europe.

Four clone receiver have a direct knock on effect in the countries they are sold in, 1. no consumer rights on Black market good, 2. the Reseller has no obgulation to give a refund or endorse the warranty stated in the Box.

Resellers in the Country they are been sold do not declare Tax or Vat on any goods there selling pushing Black-market sales underground into the hands of Criminal minded indivduals and direct website selling and in some cases fraudulently.

Like selling Clone receivers as real ones before everyone found out about the Chinese copies.

Cheapskates is the correct terminology for people who buy Clone Dreambox Receiver. There are alternatives like the Technomate 800 HD, Azbox and few other receivers one could buy for around the same money instead of funding Chinese Criminal elite.

fobo

Registered
PM me a place to get a clone dm500hd with the quality of my current dm500s clone and I will buy it right away.
With all shit that we hear everyday around the world the last thing to cry about is the DM Copyright. And they are free to sue the Chinese authorities anytime I guess.

busman

Donating Member
Buying a Clone receiver funds organized Crime in China and some parts of Europe, The receivers get made by ripping off Copy Rights belonging to patented products here in Europe.

Secondly Cheap labor is used in the manufacture or these receivers in unsavory working conditions, These workers receive less than the cost of one receiver for two months work. A good reason why a clone costs far less than a real Dreambox....

Thirdly Black-Market goods such as Clone Chinese receivers get smuggled into Europe through ports like Palermo run and funded by mafia and other crime organizations such as the Russian & Albanian, these shipping roots are also used by Human Cargo Smugglers, Drugs & Arms from China into Europe.

Four clone receiver have a direct knock on effect in the countries they are sold in, 1. no consumer rights on Black market good, 2. the Reseller has no obgulation to give a refund or endorse the warranty stated in the Box.

Resellers in the Country they are been sold do not declare Tax or Vat on any goods there selling pushing Black-market sales underground into the hands of Criminal minded indivduals and direct website selling and in some cases fraudulently.

Like selling Clone receivers as real ones before everyone found out about the Chinese copies.

Cheapskates is the correct terminology for people who buy Clone Dreambox Receiver. There are alternatives like the Technomate 800 HD, Azbox and few other receivers one could buy for around the same money instead of funding Chinese Criminal elite.

sorry mate i see no chinese smugglers in casablanca they are legit traders who pay there import duty go about there daily things .as for smuggling there is no need for that mate i can order one on net from hong kong for the same price as in north africa all the way up to my doorstep, Brummie said it all [QUOTE if people could afford to purchase original recievers i am pretty sure they all would, its a wicked world we all live in

Paul64

Registered
Because there are still people like myself that do not subscribe to buying poor quality Clone receivers made in China and shipped through the ports like Palermo in Italy run extensively by the Mafia where most Black-market goods gain entry into Europe without question.

A number of Dreambox owners over on the Dream-Multimedia website who had issues with the 500HD were from North Africa, Dubai & some across mainland Europe mainly complaining about the price of Postage to Germany from some of these countrys.

But there are plenty of people who far prefer the genuine article where ever they may live .... Just because they have warehouses in North Africa full of clone receivers does not mean to say every African will by a Clone !

blah blah blah...

you have no idea what you are talking about, there was no hardware defect in any 500HD, this was a f*ckup by DMM programmers which was fixed in june's bootloader and drivers versions

also the original boxes are made in the same chinese factories like the clone ones and the workers are paid the same

as for the mafia getting involved on clone market...wtf???

advice: drugs are bad my friend