usb preperation thread success how to please for enigma2

Bro1

Registered
:dance:appl:dance

hi bro1
try from nlb image.

flash with nlb image,and try again., reread this thread. ,create single partition,format it ,copy enigma file, unmount your usb.
and re-enter bootarg.

you d ont need usb0 , you can

cd /mnt/usb
mkdir bro1

mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb/bro1

your usb is now mounted on bro1 directory.

after you finish unpaking enigma file, run

cd /
umount /dev/sda1
or
umount /mnt/usb/bro1
now you can unplug your usb.

i will be back on monday, i hope you will fix it this weekend
from k2k2000

cheers mate i finally manged to do it with all of your help.you wont beleive how much timei have spent on this lol,about a month

finally lol
get ready for other questions he he he :thum::D

catseye

Registered
Hi Bro

Can u tell me how long it takes to load E2 from stick on 1st boot

Ive formatted stick using ppm & loaded E2 to stick but seems like its been loading forever

Cheers

Bro1

Registered
no longer than ten minutes mate,works ok for me but cant get internet to work yet lol,,,,,will get there in the end

catseye

Registered
I know im a pain in the rear end but im certain im not too far away from getting this to work on usb stick:eek:

Can someone advise me in idiot form how to format usb stick in telnet mode, mount or unmount as case maybe

Ive formatted stick using ppm & loaded E2 but still cant get the bloody thing to work so best thing is to start again before :rant

Ive also tried other usb sticks

acer2

Registered
catseye, we need three different things to do.
1. format stick
2. put enigma
3. change environment with console and putty f.e.

you can use a mini guide I posted before for first two. In flash you need to have SIF or NLB or DGS image. I dont know why bro1 had so much troubles with it. I never spend more than 15 min. for puting E2 on usb stick.

regards
acer2

Bro1

Registered
could it be because this time i unmounted my usb stick the and taken out of reciever then turned off,the times before that i unpacked image and turn of reciever with stick in

acer2

Registered
Ok, now is clear where you make mistake. I nowhere wrote to remove usb stick when you once to start with formating usb stick and puting enigma on it.
Each time I would live it in, tur off rec, wait about 30 sec., and than start enigma with pushing adequate button on RCU.
regards
acer2

Last edited:

Bro1

Registered
no it only worked when i did this bit

after you finish unpaking enigma file, run

cd /
umount /dev/sda1
or
umount /mnt/usb/bro1
now you can unplug your usb.

catseye

Registered
Right, i will start at the beginning -i have a sandisk cruzer 2 gb usb stick

In PPM it says the following is usb stick inserted &
Underneath it reads Logical disk (k) primary 15.6mb
Extended partition extended 1.8gb
Logical disk logical Linux Ext3 1.8gb

Does that sound ok before i place stick in box & try loading E2

acer2

Registered
It looks ok. Up your image from flash, and after it up, put usb stick
telnet
cd /tmp
mount enter, and check there is
"/dev/sda1 on /mnt/usb/usb0 type ext2 (rw,sync)"
sda 1 could be different, for me is for example sdb1 or some like it.
If it no exist, make new format disk and try again.
If it is OK you can go on with preparing and instalation.

regards
acer2

badeyeah

Registered
The version of Arken did it for me, even when I have a 900hd with HDD.The usb-stick doesn't matter much.It should be big enough.I've tried it with several even a nameless one.
Important is to format into an extension ext2 or ext3.Check this at boot startup into telnet.This will save you a lot of searching for other problems.

maddy2005

Registered
i simply cant get i working from the usb stick :S:S have tryed 50 times now... there is no error when it finish the unpacking of the tar package. :(:( pls help

k2k2000

Registered
@maddy2005
1-flash with this little image
http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=332265&postcount=1

2-reboot
3- set boot-env from telnet
fw_setenv menu_1 'setenv bootargs "console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 root=/dev/mtdblock3 bigphysarea=1500";setenv bootcmd "bootm a0060000";save;boot'

fw_setenv menu_2 'setenv ipaddr 10.1.1.181;setenv gateway 10.1.200;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootide "run bootargside;ide reset;ext2load ide 0:2 a5ff0000 boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";setenv bootargside "setenv bootargs console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 root=/dev/sda2 rw rootfstype=ext2 init=/bin/devinit ip=$ipaddr::$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000";setenv bootcmd "run bootide";save;boot'

badeyeah

Registered
i simply cant get i working from the usb stick :S:S have tryed 50 times now... there is no error when it finish the unpacking of the tar package. :(:( pls help

Maddy2005,

You're not explaining exactly everything.

Maybe the multiboot for your box is wrong or the final stage after unpacking.The right order is sync, cd /, then umount, then hard reset(wait 30sec).This order should work for everybody. This procedure is posted here.http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=114542&page=2

The best way is to split the usb-stick in two partitions.With NLB on flash you can format and make a swap-part.
Than you'll avoid a problem when recording with E2 on stick.

Last edited:

k2k2000

Registered
@badeyeah
Maddy2005 already installed e2 on his hdd :D, now he is trying to enable srt subtitle with media player.