crashed box solo clone

dj999

Registered
since the other day when i updated the satellite.xml file, my solo clone crashed.
but now i'm unable to reload any image using a brand new usb stick.
it did have bh209 without a problem, but no good. tried various others, no good.
when unrar'd the usb does contain the relevant folders.
any ideas?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Youll need to be more specific about the version of clone you have for us to advice on the correct image to use.

dj999

Registered
when i got the box it had VIX image on it, and i installed BH209 via the usb method.
now cant load any image on it.
when i insert the usb and power the box, all i get is the green light.

Umbytennis

Registered
Probably the box is been updated at BH 2.1.1 and now you need a new chip. For vu solo clone only Ferrari images.

Last edited:

Umbytennis

Registered
it was bh209.
was ok until i updated the satellite.xml file
BH 2.09 was the last good image BH team for clone. After the new driver, in new images Bh, clean the flash of Vu solo clon. You now cannot flash your machine because flash is cleaned. Only solution is to buy another chip and replace the cleaned chip. Another solution is to send your machine in China (or your seller) for the chip reprogramming.

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
which chip?
and where can i get a chip from?

try this then
FILES ARE FOR V1/V2 BOXES ONLY.DO NOT FLASH THEM ON V3 BOXES

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE UpdateAllFlash TO FLASH OTHER FILES THAN THE SOLO_boot.bin .ALREADY USERS HAVE FLASH THE BOX USING THAT SOFTWARE TO FLASH THE CFE2 WHICH BRICK THE BOX.THE CFE2 FILE IS TO BE FLASH ONLY WITH THE USB PEN DRIVE
USE WINDOWS XP AND REAL COM PORT.USB-TO-SERIAL DOES NOT WORK.

HOW TO BRING A LIVE YOUR BRICK VU+ SOLO

First you have to make sure that you read the and watch everything before you start and the most important is to not mix the files (for SOLO and DUO )

In the video “one.avi” are the basic steps for updating the VU+ Solo box. That something goes wrong what you have to do is before you start the steps on video “one.avi” is to use the software and bin files to flash the boot (specially for RED LIGHT ) and then follow the steps on the video.

In the second video “two.avi” it is showing that not all the USB pen drives are compatible .The first one is 4Gb Patriot Supersonic pulse USB3 ,which doesn’t work with VU (ot it doesn’t work for me).Its took me many hours to find it out blaming my 4 PCs .The second USB is 2 GB no brand wink .As you can see from the video with the Patriot the box boot straight from the NAND doesn’t go to the USB and update the file and goes to the image .Whet I plug the second 2Gb pen drive the box stop and update the file from the USB (cfe_cfe_auto.bin or image files).
In the update_SOLO.zip you will find everything what you need.In the folder "ERASE" there is the software "UpdateAllFlash.exe and soloboot.bin " which you can use it in case that you got a RED Light or you want to start from scratch .Good Luck
Hope this HOW TO was in help.

storm_breaker

------------
DO THIS :

1 -installing the soloboot.bin with UpdateAllFlash.exe
2 -installing the UPFLASH120227.bin with renewflash.exe
3 -Erase the memory with ERASE126.exe
4 -installing the Secret SOLO-120229.bin with secupd111230.exe
5 -installing the cfe_solo_2.0 with a usb pen drive
6 -installing a image XX with the usb pen drive

Attachments
one.zip
two.zip
upload_SOLO.zip
HOW TO BRING A LIVE YOUR BRICK VU.doc
HOW TO BRING A LIVE YOUR BRICK VU.pdf
PowerConnection.zip
Description: If you have a problem with loading/flashing the files.

RIDER

Super VIP
which chip?
and where can i get a chip from?

try this then

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE UpdateAllFlash TO FLASH OTHER FILES THAN THE SOLO_boot.bin .ALREADY USERS HAVE FLASH THE BOX USING THAT SOFTWARE TO FLASH THE CFE2 WHICH BRICK THE BOX.THE CFE2 FILE IS TO BE FLASH ONLY WITH THE USB PEN DRIVE

First you have to make sure that you read the and watch everything before you start and the most important is to not mix the files (for SOLO and DUO )

In the video “one.avi” are the basic steps for updating the VU+ Solo box. That something goes wrong what you have to do is before you start the steps on video “one.avi” is to use the software and bin files to flash the boot (specially for RED LIGHT ) and then follow the steps on the video.

In the second video “two.avi” it is showing that not all the USB pen drives are compatible .The first one is 4Gb Patriot Supersonic pulse USB3 ,which doesn’t work with VU (ot it doesn’t work for me).Its took me many hours to find it out blaming my 4 PCs .The second USB is 2 GB no brand
wink.gif
.As you can see from the video with the Patriot the box boot straight from the NAND doesn’t go to the USB and update the file and goes to the image .Whet I plug the second 2Gb pen drive the box stop and update the file from the USB (cfe_cfe_auto.bin or image files).
In the update_SOLO.zip you will find everything what you need.In the folder "ERASE" there is the software "UpdateAllFlash.exe and soloboot.bin " which you can use it in case that you got a RED Light or you want to start from scratch .Good Luck

storm_breaker

------------
DO THIS :

In the second video “two.avi” it is showing that not all the USB pen drives are compatible .The first one is 4Gb Patriot Supersonic pulse USB3 ,which doesn’t work with VU (ot it doesn’t work for me).Its took me many hours to find it out blaming my 4 PCs .The second USB is 2 GB no brand wink .As you can see from the video with the Patriot the box boot straight from the NAND doesn’t go to the USB and update the file and goes to the image .Whet I plug the second 2Gb pen drive the box stop and update the file from the USB (cfe_cfe_auto.bin or image files).

storm_breaker

------------
DO THIS :

Attachments
one.zip
two.zip
upload_SOLO.zip
PowerConnection.zip

you have other file down here aswell

Umbytennis

Registered
you have other file down here aswell
I think
that procedure is very difficult. Already if in the box there was BH 2.09 ,very probably box is a V3.2 clone made in china still under warranty. My advice is to return item to seller.

Last edited:

RIDER

Super VIP
V3.2 clone i use to have one of them i run it with BH 2.06 v2 which runs very stable

bitluigi

Registered
try this then

storm_breaker

------------
DO THIS :

Attachments
one.zip
two.zip
upload_SOLO.zip
PowerConnection.zip

can i get my stb version?

tsikos1

Registered
try this then

storm_breaker

------------
DO THIS :

Attachments
one.zip
two.zip
upload_SOLO.zip
PowerConnection.zip

It is the same method for cloud ibox?
thanks

Li0nsdal33

Registered
hello guys im new here
i have a vu+solo clone receiver and it was made an update directly fro it. since that it shows a green light and black screen. i assume its bricked right?
with this method it will work?
how can i be sure!!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
hello guys im new here
i have a vu+solo clone receiver and it was made an update directly fro it. since that it shows a green light and black screen. i assume its bricked right?
with this method it will work?
how can i be sure!!

Youll need to know what version clone you have before you proceed.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the reply
i have the version 3.2

Here is what you need to do

1) Use small rs232 board connected to receiver and use rs232 cable connected to computer.

2) Power on the box

3a) Do Flash folder (update 1kb file)

Then

3b) Run UpdateAllFlash.exe on PC and choose the correct com port

4) Open "solo boot.bin"

5) Click update, it will show progress, wait it to finish.

6) Remove small rs232 board and cable

7) Power off, and power on again, box will finally start/boot, now you can use usb, update the image you want with USB Stick

See files attached.