Activate HDD for recording on DM500HDV2

alexdelpiero

Registered
Hi,
I just install my new DM500HDV2 (using an Open ATV image).
I previously had an AB IPBOX 900HD also with an external Seagate HDD connected via eSATA.

To my positive surprise when I connected the HDD via eSATA to DM500HDV2 no automatic format occurred to the HDD (which is full of recordings done using my previous receiver)->in general with IPBOX images I could hardly control this format procedure whenever I connected a new HDD.
Moreover it seems the device is recognize and I saw it on FTP client in the location media/sda2->all the ext2 recordings are there apparently unharmed.

Unfortunately it seems was not mounted on media/HDD, therefore when I tried to start a new recording I got an error message type "HDD is full..", what I guess is that I need to make the correlation with the dedicated paths of the DM500HDV2, or specifically those of OpenATV image.

Can someone help me to do that, so I can have again a PVR HD receiver running?
Should I "copy"/"transfer from media/sda2 to media/HDD?

please help me, it's been a while I cruise into a Dreambox and never in the new images like OPENATV.
thanks in advance

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
And you need to keep the recordings or not ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
BLUE-MOUNTS-DEVICE MANAGER-GREEN-BLUE

Mount as media/hdd

alexdelpiero

Registered
BLUE-MOUNTS-DEVICE MANAGER-GREEN-BLUE

Mount as media/hdd

I entered with blue button in the menu for devices/mount/HDD setup.
While requesting devices actually two appeared (I have one WD HDD of 2TB) out of which an automatic mount was clearly done previously:
1.size 980MB as dev/sda1- with no mount ->perhaps the partition for setting up the Linux ext4
2.size 1862GB as dev/sda2 with mount media/sda2->actual data from my recordings within my 2TB Western Digital HDD.
(which I could also see when enter FTP in my box filled with all valid files)

I proceed further within Mounts/Device Manager and I tried to mount with blue button (Mount).
However nothing happened that I go to Setup Mount (green button) and I selected for second device the location media/hdd.
When I pressed "save"->a blue screen error and box reboots...
Perhaps previously I press also yelow button (unnmount) as currently both locations have "none" within "mount" field.

Consequence, I am not sure at this point whether I format by mistake the HDD, as clearly now I do not have anything mounted..

but I am in a deadlock..
Only a HDD format could help at this point?

alexdelpiero

Registered
I retried the original mount, meaning to set up the default media/sda2 with green button and then I mounted with blue button and I expected to be in the original situation...
I perform a cold reset to teh box and to my huge surprise, somehow the mount was in the proper place/location meaning media/hdd.

Checked via FTP, files are there,unharmed:)
Just tried a recording and it works!
thks so much for your help