"No new plugins found" please help me out

Banito

Registered
I'm running dm500hd enigma2 openpli 4.0. When I go to menu and plugins pressing the green button for download plugins I get the message "no new plugins found". I know that this has something to do with the files in var/opkg/. I would be very greatful if somebody could tell me wich files in here I need to change/edit here. It is a sort of Url address that I should replace here. I have read somewhere that openpli has no longer working plugin source but I know that you can change it to another source. Please help out guys...

Thanks in advance ;)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Openpli no longer support dreamboxes the feeds are no more. Clone images if you have a clone are still made under openpli and feeds work there.

Manually add plugins or move on to the openATV image if you have original box if clone you need to reflash to latest version anyway..

Banito

Registered
Thank you for your answer. I'm new with Dreambox. Could you tell me how to install tuxbox manually?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for your answer. I'm new with Dreambox. Could you tell me how to install tuxbox manually?

Do you have the tuxbox commander plugin if so what format is it in IPK or tgz ? Are you using this because you have FTP problems ?

Banito

Registered
I have downloaded the plugin from the net and the format is ipk. Thank you for your help. I don't have problem connecting to my Dreambox with FileZilla.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have downloaded the plugin from the net and the format is ipk. Thank you for your help. I don't have problem connecting to my Dreambox with FileZilla.

Transfer the ipk to the tmp folder at root of your image.

Then start a telnet session with putty tel and run this command

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

The install may still fail if you need dependencies as the images has no feeds. If it does as i keep saying install openatv

Banito

Registered
Thank you very much I will try do so.
One last question... If the installation fails will it make my Dreambox unusable with the current openpli that I use for now?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you very much I will try do so.
One last question... If the installation fails will it make my Dreambox unusable with the current openpli that I use for now?

There is no recent openpli that will work on an original box. Youll need to change the image to another group openATV for example.