DM500 HD ver2 bootloader crashes

Gugols

Registered
Hi,
I'm facing a problem while trying to flash new image for DM500 HD ver2. Basically I turn on the Bootloader and go straight to flashing new image using the web browser. However, after ~4 minutes the text disappears and device itself freezes - no status LED icon - only internal board lights visible (meaning that device is on).

During these ~4 Minutes I'm able to upload maybe just ~60% of the image. Thus... I can't put on anything...
I have tested it with HDMI, SCART input as well as two different TVs.

P.S. The freeze happens even if I'm not uploading anything.

The screen which I can see for a sort while:
http://i.imgur.com/uyPCqGB.jpg

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,
I'm facing a problem while trying to flash new image for DM500 HD ver2. Basically I turn on the Bootloader and go straight to flashing new image using the web browser. However, after ~4 minutes the text disappears and device itself freezes - no status LED icon - only internal board lights visible (meaning that device is on).

During these ~4 Minutes I'm able to upload maybe just ~60% of the image. Thus... I can't put on anything...
I have tested it with HDMI, SCART input as well as two different TVs.

P.S. The freeze happens even if I'm not uploading anything.

The screen which I can see for a sort while:
http://i.imgur.com/uyPCqGB.jpg

So if i understand this correctly flashing a image or not the box will freeze ?

I so try a new PSU as a first step.

Gugols

Registered
Yes, it freezes no matter what - screen turns black and box becomes unresponsive. The PSU problem seems unlikely for me since I received it brand new a few days ago - but I may try out.
P.S. It's a genuine DM500 HD v2.

Gugols

Registered
A few quick questions for DM500HD ver1/ver2 owners:
1) Is there a red light INSIDE the box (on the motherboard) when the box is running?
2) Does the fan spin when the device is turned on? Are there times when it doesn't?